MaxxFan service lubrication repair help?

• 1 year later...

Had ours blow up on this last trip.  Cost was 22.09 plus shipping brought it to $37.48.   3 week lead time.   Number for the company is 574-247-9235.   It sure does get your attention when it blows up.  Thanks for all the info here guys... appreciate it. 

Scotty

• Like 3

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well... last trip out the fan lift mechanism exploded.   That gets your attention real quick.  

Got the part and just re-installed.  Wanted to pass along a tip that I did not see here or in the instructions.  That spring that attaches to the lifting arm is curiously absent from the instructions that I got with the new part.  Ordered it from RV Products directly and they said it would be 3 weeks to arrive but it came in 2 weeks. 

OK.. here goes.   The part of the spring that gets bolted onto the mechanism goes in the hole on top and the same side as the post that turns the bar to raise.  That's the hole closest to the hinge when installed.  Mine was blown up so I didn't have a reference.  

Lots of fun... only had to go up on the roof about a dozen times.  But no falls and nothing broken.  

Happy Camping Everyone,

Scotty

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg