Maxxair fan blowing fuse

The Maxxair fan stopped working with the manual buttons on the fan, but it did work with the remote.  Then it started to make beeps every 10 seconds or so.  I checked the fuse and it seemed partially blown, if that’s possible.  I put in a new fuse and the same thing happened: beeping, working with remote and not buttons, and the fuse seemed blown again.  Any ideas for something to try to troubleshoot this?  The fan is 16 months old so still under warranty.  Thanks for your thoughts and ideas.

Since it’s under warranty, I’d talk to Oliver about getting a replacement control board. Mine did the same with the remote working but not the buttons and a new board did the trick. It’s a pretty easy DIY if you don’t want to bother with taking your trailer in for service. 

FYI here are pics of my board. Check Youtube, there is a video by a guy who repaired and modded his due to condensation damage. The IR sensor for the remote  extends down into a clear bubble. I don’t think you would necessarily have to do his entire mod, but drilling a tiny drain hole there is mandatory. IMHO.

John Davies

Spokane WA

B4E2B8A3-50DE-40DE-8024-CD1B15040DF4.jpeg

8D86F4FE-5D74-4131-BAE8-2434BD6832B4.jpeg

Edited by John E Davies
  • Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Thanks John...that youtube is here:

Repairing Maxxair with Condensation Issues

• Thanks 2

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

BTW, the guy in the video camps in -30 degree F temps, for us mere mortals, especially those in a dry climate, his coating mod is optional. For those Ollie owners who routinely winter camp in frigid temperatures, do this!

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

20 hours ago, ctshort09 said:

Thanks John...that youtube is here:

Repairing Maxxair with Condensation Issues

Thanks for sharing this video. 
It’s 2020, Maxxair reeeeeally needs needs  to step up their game and produce a much more reliable higher quality product. Complaints about the Maxxair fan seem to be a regular bane. 

Edited by Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg