RV Snappad - On Oliver

Galway Girl

I bought a set of RV Snappads and installed them with no trouble on the Oliver Stabilizers.

356022933_ScreenShot2020-02-27at6_13_12PM.thumb.png.337755df4cf00ee1828efb16e2c528eb.png

Here's an install video I made to show you how easy it was.

• Thanks 5
  • Like 2

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

I don't see the Oliver listed on the ordering website.  Which model did you purchase ?   I assume you used three?

Finally, best source to procure?  Thanks  

• Like 1

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

4 hours ago, hobo said:

I don't see the Oliver listed on the ordering website.  Which model did you purchase ?   I assume you used three?

Probably listed under the manufacture of the jack and it's model number,  trailer manufactures change components all the time. I also see no one has given a good reason for needing these.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, hobo said:

I found them on Amazon.  There are several different sizes.  Click on the 5.5” size and then you’ll have a choice to select the 6”.  They are pricey, about $30 each on Amazon.  Since I am always using legos and wooden blocks I’m not sure what these would do for me.  Maybe provide a better grip on the wood blocks and look cool?

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

On 2/29/2020 at 8:42 AM, Trainman said:

Probably listed under the manufacture of the jack and it's model number,  trailer manufactures change components all the time. I also see no one has given a good reason for needing these.

trainman

I might want them to protect the concrete in my storage building where I park Hobo.  I'm thinking of putting down a nice finish on the concrete for ease of cleaning and don't want the metal pads damaging it.

• Like 1

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

I am going to get a piece of horse stall mat at a Tractor Supply type store. I think some copper nails will attach to the top of the PT blocks. A few others the size of short PT boards will just lay loose. They should store almost anywhere. A couple pieces of scrap might just replace the expensive pads? Would just have to remember to bend over to pick up and place.

Edited by Mainiac
  • Like 1

I ordered mine directly from the RV Snappad company website. 
They are the Mini 6" size for the oliver.

They don't have the Olivers listed.

I plan to send them the video and confirm they worked on our 2019 Elite II.

You should measure the diamater of the feet on your own oliver before buying....I'm pretty sure the feet on the stabilizers are consistent, but just check the diameter before you buy.

CS

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

3 hours ago, Mainiac said:

I am going to get a piece of horse stall mat at a Tractor Supply type store. I think some copper nails will attach to the top of the PT blocks. A few others the size of short PT boards will just lay loose. They should store almost anywhere. A couple pieces of scrap might just replace the expensive pads? Would just have to remember to bend over to pick up and place.

Horse Stall Mats from Tractor Supply, I use these for everything, pickup bed mats, rear mats on my UTV, mat on one of my steel work bench for materials you don't want damaged, a mat to stand on for working comfort in the shop, etc. These are tough mats and I cut them with a box knife, it will take several cuts to complete the cut. They do come in two sizes and thickness, one is around $20 and the other is around $40, buy on sale if you can and they are heavy, so get help when moving. I have several cutoff pieces I use on different projects.

trainman 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 7:40 AM, Trainman said:

Just wondering why I would need those, my wife gets down on her hands and knees and put those pads under the jack as I push the jack button. 

trainman

LOL. I go the cheap labor route too. Would be handy if you were camping by yourself, but pricey. 

Garry and Kristi

Apex, NC

2018 Oliver Elite II Hull 372

TV 2015 Ram 1500 3.0 L EcoDiesel

image.jpeg.aed3a6aa6cd2b2679a4845e1ea98a981.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator+

I have given this information to hundreds of Oliver owners over the past 12 years.  Don't ever run your jacks all the way down to the ground.  Always place a block or pad on the ground and let the jack foot sit on that.  We use a 6" piece of treated 4x6 stood on end under each rear jack. This accomplishes two things:

# 1 - Depending on the height of the your block/pad, it takes much less time to lower and raise the jack.

#2 -  When you drive off after forgetting to raise one (or both) the rear jacks it will simply slide off the block/pad without bending the lower leg. Repair will cost you about $500 each and, unless you're pretty handy, a trip to Hohenwald.  I made it 10 years before lowering one jack in the rain one night (I have remote jack switches inside) because I was too lazy to go outside and get wet putting the block under it. It was absolutely the one and only time I had failed to heed my own advice and it bit me in the ass the next day when I started to drive off. It is a matter of when, not if. Luckily I was at home when this happened. If I had been on the road when this occurred, I would have been stuck. The leg can not retract when it is bent back at a 45 degree angle and I wouldn't have had a reciprocating saw to cut the bottom off to be able to move on.

DSC_0188.JPG

Edited by ScubaRx
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators
5 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

I have given this information to hundreds of Oliver owners over the past 12 years.  Don't ever run your jacks all the way down to the ground.  Always place a block or pad on the ground and let the jack foot sit on that.  We use a 6" piece of treated 4x6 stood on end under each rear jack.

This is good advice given to us 4 years ago by Steve. We use legos and blocks to keep jack movement to just a few inches. I also have lines marking the up position so we don’t raise jacks to the click-click-click point. Had a jack come off the track once doing that and had to get the jack handle out to get it going again. 

This was taken at Gros Ventre Campground at Grand Teton last year. You can see the block on the legos and the jack down just a few inches. 

F70AE343-9ABE-4C46-9207-D7C6BFFF9DAF.jpeg

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Horrors of horrors!  Is that a picture of an Oliver with its wheels off the ground and only being supported by the rear "leveler"?😁

Great advice regardless of the position of the wheels.  Less battery power used, less stress on the jack motor, less stress on the moving parts of the jack and (potentially) less stress on the frame.  Add in that it is safer, probably more stable - due to lack of torque on the jack tube and potential strength of the supporting blocks and might even help in that "when, not if" situation of driving off without raising the jacks.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

FYI the clack clack clack sound is the spring loaded override clutch built into the big drive gear on top of the main shaft. It is supposed to make that sound and it hurts nothing. Other than your nerves, maybe. It is a little too loud.

I am a believer in blocks, I certainly never want to drive off with a jack touching the ground. I place a red streamer around the gearshift for unusual situations so I will think extra hard before moving it. Like .... “Is my ARB fridge power cable plugged into the trailer?” It has saved my butt once already.

John Davies.

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 6:31 AM, Mike and Carol said:

This is good advice given to us 4 years ago by Steve. We use legos and blocks to keep jack movement to just a few inches. I also have lines marking the up position so we don’t raise jacks to the click-click-click point. Had a jack come off the track once doing that and had to get the jack handle out to get it going again. 

This was taken at Gros Ventre Campground at Grand Teton last year. You can see the block on the legos and the jack down just a few inches. 

F70AE343-9ABE-4C46-9207-D7C6BFFF9DAF.jpeg

We were at Gros Ventre last year,  mid-May.  

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

I use my jacks for light stabilization of the trailer, I see no need to stabilize beyond that. I assume that some need their trailers stabilized like there foundation on their home for whatever reason, I guess it's just there comfort level they need to achieve. I do not put them down when stored, just see no need for it. 

trainman

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like 6” snap pads are back in stock on July 15th on Amazon, just an FYI, we like ours.

B875A03A-6793-4B5F-A586-56ECCA8ECC21.jpeg

B4F3ECBE-5F6A-4011-9E07-E85C443B240B.png

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg