Looking for service info for electric jack, not the owners manual

So who has taken these apart? I have been putting this job off in the hope I could find detailed instructions on how to strip one down, including removing the entire threaded shaft assembly. Does that slide up out of the main tube once the reduction gears and gear housing are removed? Is it pressed in or have a retaining pin?

The manual can be found in the University section but it makes no mention of lubing the rod, however it does say do not pour oil down it.... 

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

25B00E1A-36C2-4844-A6D4-F65A173A16A3.jpeg

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I am hoping that I can get the inner tube and threaded jackscrew out so I can get off the gunk and factory-applied grease that collects dirt between the two sliding tubes. It just turns into grinding compound..... not at all good when towing on dusty roads.

Has anyone tried a spray graphite lubricant for the tube-to-tube interface? It would be very easy  to apply and later to “touch up” - extend the jack, wipe off the exposed area, spray the lube up into the outer tube to flush it out. You could use a spray brake cleaner to flush out the crud first, then let it dry before lubing.... There are teflon sprays out there but they don’t dry to a film, all they do is leave a slick dry white powder that wipes off.

Any thoughts on this? It’s $13.50 on Amazon Prime.

BFC0085B-2832-411D-88C7-FAE8873A4193.thumb.jpeg.5a497cd3ad0d458c2804c66be314f365.jpeg

The jack owners manual does not even address lubing these parts..... what this jack needs is a flexible motorcycle fork dust boot/ gaitor.... I guess I need to measure some parts.

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

2 hours ago, John E Davies said:

Has anyone tried a spray graphite lubricant for the tube-to-tube interface? It would be very easy  to apply and later to “touch up” - extend the jack, wipe off the exposed area, spray the lube up into the outer tube to flush it out. You could use a spray brake cleaner to flush out the crud first, then let it dry before lubing.... There are teflon sprays out there but they don’t dry to a film, all they do is leave a slick dry white powder that wipes off.

I have not taken the jack assembly completely apart, but I do removed the top cover to the gear box and relube the gears.  And each year I extend the jacks and clean then out first with brake cleaner and spray them with a Teflon lubricant; be sure to clean up any excess lube from the exposed jack tube.  So far I have not had any issues and the jacks work very smoothly.

• Thanks 2

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

21 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I have not taken the jack assembly completely apart, but I do removed the top cover to the gear box and relube the gears.  

Thanks, do you have any pics to share  or words of wisdom about the gearbox? Did you just add more grease or what?

Does the teflon stay on the tubes “adequately”?

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

55 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Thanks, do you have any pics to share  or words of wisdom about the gearbox? Did you just add more grease or what?

Does the teflon stay on the tubes “adequately”?

John Davies

Spokane WA

I have no pics, I just clean out all the old grease from around the gears and replace with a quality grease. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93