Springtime Maintenance

In another thread, @Nan asked about Maintenance schedules. @John E Davies responded with a link to his post with spreadsheets for Travel Logs, Service Records, and Inventory. John mentioned that you might need Numbers (IOS or Mac) or Excel (Mac and Windows) for these files. If you don't own this software, an alternative is to use free software for spreadsheets, such as Open Office or Google Sheets, which is part of Google Docs.  

I am posting today because I just updated my lists of Springtime tasks for the Oliver, including Sanitizing the Fresh Water System. I try to keep documents like this and my campground checklists to a single sheet of paper so that they fit into a sheet protector

I also took some info that Oliver posted on regular inspection and maintenance, and put them into three single sheet documents. 

I am going to upload them as Word documents (docx), so that they can be edited to fit your needs. Please let me know if you would like a pdf document, or an rtf version that can be edited with other software. 

I probably missed some important maintenance items, and I hope others will chime in. 

Maintenance - Spring Items.docx

Maintenance - Sanitizing the Fresh Water System.docx

Maintenance - MaxxAir Fan.docx

Maintenance - Water Pump Filter.docx

Maintenance - Window Tracks.docx

• Thanks 12
  • Like 2

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

Thank you David!  I just acquired Hull #69 from "try2relax" ... your lists will not only help me with maintenance, but will serve as a good training tool for familiarizing myself with our new-to-us Ollie.  Cheers, -Dan

Danno and Donna | Pittsburgh, PA | Hull# 069 - 2015 Ollie Elite II | 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 

A 'maintenance' item we have added to our yearly list. Inside cabinet hardware screws. Screws on ALL the upper cabinet patches were loose. One was completely missing. Not in the cabinet. Wonder if I had found it sometime and wondered where it came from? Hinge screws were loose, and some of screws holding the doors to the hinges. We will get a tube of 'Locktight' and give us something to do on a rainy day.

Don't forget to change the batteries in smoke/CO2 detectors..It is daylight savings time almost anyway...

26 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

A 'maintenance' item we have added to our yearly list. Inside cabinet hardware screws. Screws on ALL the upper cabinet patches were loose. One was completely missing. Not in the cabinet. Wonder if I had found it sometime and wondered where it came from? Hinge screws were loose, and some of screws holding the doors to the hinges. We will get a tube of 'Locktight' and give us something to do on a rainy day.

Mainiac, your hull is 211 I believe? I hope they have improved things since 218 was put together..... mine were a joke. The guy that installed them had to have been just pulled off the street.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/2159-how-to-fix-your-overhead-cabinet-latches-wrong-hardware/

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Unfortunately, they don't use those latches anymore, and I think it's my fault, lol.  Snowball was in production when everyone started to complain about them, so I asked if they could use the lockable kind that are on the pantry and closet instead.  Same for the nightstand.  I ended up changing my mind about the upper cabinet latches since I thought that in practice the lockable kind would be too much of a pain to use.  But because of the complaints they were getting at the time, Oliver decided to go with them for other trailers anyway, and as far as I know, still do.

But once you do adjust the old latches properly, and add the spacers like Raspy suggested, they work really well.  Mine have a nice, secure click to them, don't rattle, and never pop open or need readjusting.  And they're a cinch to open.  I noticed that Earthcruiser has now switched to them for all of their cabinetry, which is a decent endorsement - they used to use the push kind.  So I think it's a shame that Oliver switched them out rather than just learn to install the old ones properly.

Edited by Overland

• Moderators

We have several kinds of marine latches on the boat. The kind that you have to put your finger into are scary on a boat, underway, as you can break a finger with a lurch from a breaking sea or crazy wake from a passing uneducated boater.

All of them work,properly installed. Especially in a trailer,  where no one is operating uderway.

The ones that have given me the most problems, in Australian campers, are the exposed push buttons, in rvs. Little knobs that pop out. And seem to do so on bumpy roads, without human intervention. 

Sherry

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.