Copy of Burro Design

sharpe

Hi,

I am looking at fiberglass trailers and I noticed that the Oliver looks like a copy of the double wall Burro design. Did Oliver buy the rights to the Burro design or was Burro bought out by Oliver? Any of the same people involved?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Although most molded fiberglass travel trailers share some design characteristics, a closer look will sperate them. I have been to the Oliver factory a number of times for one thing and another, and have never heard mention of anyone's previous affiliation with Burro. Betty and I will be at the factory next week to get a couple of scheduled upgrades, and will try to remember to ask about folks previously with Burro.

Welcome to the Oliver Forums. We hope you enjoy your stay here.

There are lots of photos posted on these forums and they might give you a better idea about similiarities between Oliver and Burro.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Are you intrested in the 17' or the 22' ? Different prices, ect.. Your best bet is to call Robert at the factory and get him to spec one out for your camping style. That way you will have a exact price. Then there is the base modle, the sport, with less frills.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Welcome to our forum!.

Although the Burro and the Oliver share the double hull concept, I don't really think there is much of a resemblance in appearance between the two brands. For example, the only (few) Burros I've seen have a seam on the longitude, not the latitude, when joining the multiple parts of the double hull. (The Oliver joins the halves at the belly band, not through the vertical center of the trailer, bisecting the roof, etc. as in the Burro.) The belly band attachment, used by most modern fiberglass trailers, allows for cleaner, more symmetrical installation of rooftop appliances such as fans, vents, A/C units, etc., as well as other structural advantages. The exterior and interior finishes of the Burro and Oliver are quite different, as well. The Oliver design is quite unique, and not a copy of any previous trailer, in my opinion. That said, all molded fiberglass trailers share some characteristics.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Are you intrested in the 17' or the 22' ? Different prices, ect.. Your best bet is to call Robert at the factory and get him to spec one out for your camping style. That way you will have a exact price. Then there is the base modle, the sport, with less frills.

17'

I would like just a rough price to start - I don't like salesmen.

Is base price around $10,000, $15,000, $20,000? Loaded $25,000, $30,000?

FYI, the Burro co in Escondido, CA has been closed for at least 4 years.
:(
Their website is still there but phone #s are disconnected and no answers to emails.
:o
There have been rumors that someone has bought the hull molds and selling a 'kit'.
:roll:

Chuck
8-)

So Oliver didn't buy their double wall design and has no connection?

Where are you getting these rumors about Burro?

Are there any other double wall designs or just Oliver and Burro?

Hello Sharpe,

Have you looked at the new information on the olivertraveltrailers.com website? This will give you an idea about prices. Also, I don't care much for salesman either but you can talk to Robert Partee at Oliver. He patiently answered my 1000 questions and never once asked me when I was going to buy anything. He answered my questions and let me make up my own mind if I wanted to buy an Oliver. After all the research I did I chose to buy an Oliver because I believe it is the best travel trailer in production - better than Airstream or Casita and I like both of them very much. I found that no travel trailer fits every person's needs. I wish you well on your journey of the ultimate travel trailer for you which ever one it is. Regards,jam49

Hello Sharpe,

Have you looked at the new information on the olivertraveltrailers.com website? This will give you an idea about prices. Also, I don't care much for salesman either but you can talk to Robert Partee at Oliver. He patiently answered my 1000 questions and never once asked me when I was going to buy anything. He answered my questions and let me make up my own mind if I wanted to buy an Oliver. After all the research I did I chose to buy an Oliver because I believe it is the best travel trailer in production - better than Airstream or Casita and I like both of them very much. I found that no travel trailer fits every person's needs. I wish you well on your journey of the ultimate travel trailer for you which ever one it is. Regards,jam49

OK, so the Starting MSRP of $22,800 is for the 17' I assume?

And a fully loaded 2008 unit is $25,000 with up to a $7,000 discount. So the MSRP of a fully loaded 17' would be up to about $32,000?

Looks like if you download the Spec Sheets for the model you want, you can get all of their pricing, as well as any additional options you might like to add.

We also had the experience that Oliver was also happy to take away included options (such as we didn't want their entertainment package). So 'fully loaded' is really a bit of a misnomer.. it's more like.. 'how you want it.'.

Best wishes,

- Cherie