2020 Owners' Rally Postponed until September

JWalmsley

• Administrators

Since so many owners will be traveling far distances, we feel it is best that we postpone our annual Oliver Owner's Rally while we are still learning the outcome and risks of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). This is important to do this now to prevent owners from possibly wasting time, money and energy traveling. While we strongly feel that camping is a great method to get away and relax in a controlled environment, gathering in a group increases everyone risk of contracting the virus.

We have decided to postpone our annual rally at Lake Guntersville State Park in Alabama until September 24-27, 2020. If you would like to visit Lake Guntersville State Park in May, you are more than welcome to keep your reservations and attend on your own. 

Following the button link below please indicate if you would like to apply your rally registration fee to the new postponed date or would like a refund. If you plan to attend the rally in the fall and since many of you will be arriving and leaving at different time frames, please indicate what day you would like to arrive and checkout. We will notify the campground for your new reservation dates.

Follow the link below to update your Registration and Reservations:

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/events/2020-oliver-owners-rally/postponement/

• Thanks 3

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

This is very wise and thoughtful given the current situation.
See everyone in the fall. 

-David

Edited by Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Sadly, conventions and rallies are being cancelled everywhere.  For a very, very good reason.

Thanks for making the decision early, to allow alternate plans.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

A big thank you to both Oliver and the members of the various committees associated with organizing this year's Owner's Rally.  Hopefully this delay will prove to be taken via an over-abundance of caution.  However, there really isn't any valid reason for taking a chance.  At least with this kind of advanced warning there should be ample time for most attendees to re-arrange schedules so that we can adjust for the May dates while still planning on renewing our Family ties in the Fall.  Best of health to everyone and see you in the Fall.

Bill

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Overland said:

I assume this is the case, but since it wasn't mentioned, I'll ask - are attendees being notified individually about the date change?  

I sent out an email a few minutes ago letting everyone know about the change. It's also posted to the Facebook Page and Facebook Oliver Group Page. 

• Like 2

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Until this afternoon I had delayed in canceling my May camping reservations at Guntersville State Park.  I used the link provided by Jason Walmsley in the first post of this thread and filled out the simple form.  Within five minutes I received a cancellation notice from the State Park and a credit to my credit card account for my original deposit.  The entire process could not have been easier.  Another BIG THANKS to Jason and Matt Duncan for making this so easy.

If you have not taken care of this job previously, I'd strongly recommend getting it done very soon since the ability to get a refund might be adversely effected by the State Park policy on cancellations.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We decided to roll our reservation deposit over to the Sept rally dates. We did this by simply calling the park and requesting this change. We spoke with a gal who works in reservations named Kathryn who made this change seamless. Looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall. 

-Patriot

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned