Hello! Tire-kicker from Austin Here

BillATX

Hello Oliver fans -

Wife and I are looking at trailers online and came across Oliver.  They appear to be well-made.  Maybe someday soon we can join you as owners.  Until then - we will continue our research.

Happy (and healthy) trails-

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Hull #735 - 2021 Elite 1 (Shorty)  |  2021 Toyota Tundra

• 7 months later...

We finalized our order for the Elite 1 (shorty) and have a delivery date of 2/2/21.  Looking forward to spending some time camping comfortably and exploring our beautiful country.

Thanks so much to all of the active contributors on the forum.  I look forward to meeting you on the road.

Stay healthy and happy trails - 

Bill

• Like 4

Hull #735 - 2021 Elite 1 (Shorty)  |  2021 Toyota Tundra

18 minutes ago, BillATX said:

We finalized our order for the Elite 1 (shorty) and have a delivery date of 2/2/21.  Looking forward to spending some time camping comfortably and exploring our beautiful country.

Thanks so much to all of the active contributors on the forum.  I look forward to meeting you on the road.

Bill

What took you so long?  lol  

Kidding aside, congratulations on soon becoming an Oliver owner!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

Nice going, Bill.  February will be here before you know it.

We too picked up our Oliver in February and two days after delivery we headed to St. Augustine for a week.  Keep an eye on the weather - particularly if you are headed to Hohenwald from the east (this involves crossing the Great Smoky Mountains).

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 11/6/2020 at 8:53 AM, BillATX said:

Bill

Congrats! I am getting my Elite 1 in Jan (26). Def looking forward to your posts about Elite 1 and I will be only days “ahead” of you guys re: delivery, looks like. FYI I may stay in the Hohenwald area a while (to practice and be sure I am OK with towing and operating everything etc.), so ... if you are so inclined by all means message me and, no pressure at all, but it might be fun to swap notes and say hi.  Wonder if our “hull” numbers will be consecutive? Huh. 

• Like 1

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

1 hour ago, SherMica said:

Congrats! I am getting my Elite 1 in Jan (26). Def looking forward to your posts about Elite 1 and I will be only days “ahead” of you guys re: delivery, looks like. FYI I may stay in the Hohenwald area a while (to practice and be sure I am OK with towing and operating everything etc.), so ... if you are so inclined by all means message me and, no pressure at all, but it might be fun to swap notes and say hi.  Wonder if our “hull” numbers will be consecutive? Huh. 

FYI - the Natchez Trace  parkway (Just outside Hohenwald) is a perfect place to perfect your towing expertise.  Its a 45 mph max, no commercial traffic,  little traffic at all,  great road surface, plenty of turn outs, rest spots, historical stops, turn around entrance and exits, AND its a beautiful drive. 

RB

• Like 4

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

14 minutes ago, BackofBeyond said:

FYI - the Natchez Trace  parkway (Just outside Hohenwald) is a perfect place to perfect your towing expertise.  Its a 45 mph max, no commercial traffic,  little traffic at all,  great road surface, plenty of turn outs, rest spots, historical stops, turn around entrance and exits, AND its a beautiful drive. 

RB

RB, thanks!! Making a major note about this. I was thinking I’d find an abandoned airport and inch around at speeds of 10-15 mph. Hahah! That would be safest for me as a total n00b, not to mention safer for the general public! Heehee. I’m being goofy in case you guys can’t tell. My sense of humor. Thank you (seriously) for the info!! 🙂

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

Consider two things: backing up and review camera..

To back up, put your hand on the bottom of the wheel. The direction that the hand moves the wheel is the direction the trailer moves. Small and slow hand moves the trailer quite a bit. Practice, practice, practice.

The review camera: you can see who is behind you. You can see who is behind you as you are backing up, or if anybody or thing is behind before backing up. You also can see how close somebody might be tailgating you, or if the police car has his/her lights on. It is so nice to be able to see when it is safe to pull back in, after passing someone. Worth more than it's weight.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

You also can see how close somebody might be tailgating you, or if the police car has his/her lights on. It is so nice to be able to see when it is safe to pull back in, after passing someone. Worth more than it's weight.

FYI, all factory truck backup cameras, and many aftermarket cameras, only work when in reverse. Typically they get energized when the reverse lights come on. This is not so great when you are zooming down the freeway in heavy traffic, and you are trying to switch a few lanes..... It is possible to rewire one so that it is powered all the time, and there is already an On/ Off switch inside the Ollie cabin. I don’t know if Oliver will do this, maybe a recent camera owner can comment.

A Garmin BU camera can be viewed at any time, you just exit out of the map view and touch the camera icon to bring the image to the Garmin nav screen. As Mainic said, a camera is a highly desirable accessory, more so when you are flying solo. When backing into a campsite, it shows you that big rock or tree before you hit it. Otherwise you whack it with the bumper and yell, “what the heck was that?”

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, John E Davies said:
1 hour ago, Mainiac said:

You also can see how close somebody might be tailgating you, or if the police car has his/her lights on. It is so nice to be able to see when it is safe to pull back in, after passing someone. Worth more than it's weight.

FYI, all factory truck backup cameras, and many aftermarket cameras, only work when in reverse. Typically they get energized when the reverse lights come on. This is not so great ...

I  think most of the rvs we've delivered yo Alaska have a fulltime rear view camera.

It would really be nice if all of them worked that way.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.