The Way Things Have Become...

ScubaRx

• Moderator+

This last month has been a really long year. Gosh, sometimes I find myself longing for those halcyon days when we just fretted about tire pressures, which vehicle was best for towing and whether propane is safe.

where-is-waldo-coronavirus-edition-book-5-5e73257690fa2__700.jpg

• Thanks 4
  • Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I just had an email from a young lady BLM ranger my wife and I met a few years ago. She works in the southern part of the state of Utah but to keep her identity safe thats as close as I will hint at the location. Apparently people are recreating in droves in her area. This surprised me greatly and suffice it to say the local rangers and employees are somewhat scared to death sensing the danger in this scenario. After all they do have to deal with crowds of people often in close proximity in some shape form or fashion. 

Legacy Elite II #70

Seems all the closures have forced people to the BLM sites across the west. I saw a few pics of the Quartzite area - same thing.  I don't have a solution - given the sheer numbers of folks that are full-time with no home location to retreat to. For this reason, we will keep our little plot of earth as a  back-up, for whatever happens. If the feds were to attempt to close the BLM - it would be a real cluster.  I can't help think the trash and waste being deposited everywhere.  Just a big wow for me. 

Good luck to all. 

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Be safe everyone...keep the faith, we’ll get through this.

-Patriot

67A3698B-19C5-4952-8703-F68738DAB966.png

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

I feel your pain.  We have been pushed back to the end of July for our pickup.  I really think when this all starts to subside, camping is going to take off.   Travelling by staying in a hotel room or cruise will have the stigma of who used your room last night or bumping elbows in the dining room.  Campgrounds will be one area where you will have your 6' of space and be away from the majority of crowds.  I just hope the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer before society changes to a stage we will not recognize.

• Like 1

Erv & Sherry  Hull # 650

2022  Platinum SD 250 Tremor. 7.3 Godzilla

ALARFLGAILKYMSMONENCSCSDTNWVmed.jpg

• Moderators

Governor Abbott just announced that Texas State Parks will open Monday.  Social distance in effect except for family members.  Masks must be worn (assuming when away from site).  We might have to go visit a local park next week. 😁

• Thanks 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

Governor Abbott just announced that Texas State Parks will open Monday.  Social distance in effect except for family members.  Masks must be worn (assuming when away from site).  We might have to go visit a local park next week. 😁

Day use only for now. ☹️ Will open for camping “later”.

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

If you cannot go camping, you should check out the Virtual Reality experience from Google Arts & Culture. The site is called Hidden Worlds of the National Parks. You can visit Kenai Fjords NP (Alaska), Dry Tortugas NP (Florida), Hawaii Volcanoes NP (Hawaii), Carlsbad Caverns NP (New Mexico), and Bryce Canyon NP (Utah).

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

That's pretty cool, David.  I've been meaning to get to Dry Tortugas.

Someone sent me a link to this channel this morning.  They stream live safaris twice a day from South Africa.  I had it going as 'background noise' this morning and got zero work done.  

Edited by Overland

• Moderators

Well, yesterday was the first day Texas State Parks were open for day use only.  We packed up the grill, chairs and a few other items and headed out to South Llano River State Park in Junction, TX.  Grilled some lunch by the river and then walked through the campground to ID the best sites for when we’re back to camp.  It was a semi-camp day!  Mike

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

Well, yesterday was the first day Texas State Parks were open for day use only.  We packed up the grill, chairs and a few other items and headed out to South Llano River State Park in Junction, TX.  Grilled some lunch by the river and then walked through the campground to ID the best sites for when we’re back to camp.  It was a semi-camp day!  Mike

We stopped once in Junction and bought a big bag of Plumley's Pecans at their store. Incredible paper shell pecans some of the best available.

• Like 1

Legacy Elite II #70