Maxx Air Fan - Failure

This afternoon while we were in the Oliver we turned on the Maxx Air Fan; everything worked correctly.  After a few minutes we turned off the Maxx Air Fan with the remote.  When the outside lid of the fan reached its home position the lid drive motor did not stop trying to close the lid.  Before I could pull the 12VDC fuse, several pieces of the lid drive motor gearing broke.

It appears to be a defective circuit board that caused the lid drive motor issue.  So tomorrow I will be ordering a complete replacement Maxx Air Fan.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

Horace & Dianne, I'm curious why you believe the circuit board caused the problem. Ours failed last fall (which we believe happened because of ice) but we haven't fixed it yet. We found this video showing how to replace the operator mechanism. Hoping it's the right fix, we bought the replacement part.   I just need to get up on the roof & replace it ...

Chris

The first five minutes of the video are painful. 

Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

Last fall we had a condensation issue with the fan that caused the lid drive motor to open and close on it’s own without use doing anything.  I pulled the fuse and after we returned home I removed the circuit board and took care of any water issues with all electrical parts.  The fan has been working correctly since then until last weekend.  After removing the circuit board, I ran a bench test on all of it's functions, I discovered the lid drive motor circuit was putting out a constant close signal.  Because of this constant close signal that is why the motors gear assembly broke, it just kept trying to close the lid.

Since we have had the trailer almost 5 years I just order a complete new unit from Camping World.  I will salvage all of the old parts that are worth keeping.

• Like 3

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

I'm sorry your fan malfunction was it's demise. I was hoping our fix would be your answer too. I fixed ours this morning & it works great. Fingers crossed it continues to do so.

• Like 4
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL