Oliver Trailer - dealerships approved for service?

We are considering purchasing an Ollie LEII, but live in Colorado. I see from reading other posts that Oliver might have an approved list of dealers that can do warranty work on the Ollie. If so, where can I find the list? Are there any in Colorado?

Our concern is that Colorado is a long way from Tennessee. What are owners doing in the Western half of the United States for service and other issues given that there are no Ollie dealerships?

I suspect I am not as handy as many owners posting in this service section, and issues do come up. What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

Moots

Hi Moots,

I don't think you are really limited by who can service your Oliver so long as it isn't just some fly by night outfit- they are very flexible and were willing to have a mobile shop come out for some work on mine.  The list is more of a "who has taken care of a customers well and we will recommend" list.  I'd talk to your sales person to see who they have experience with in the area.

When buying new, it's definitely worth camping in the area (they provided one free night at a local park, or you can camp in their lot).  We paid for an extra night at the campground and would recommend the same.  We did full hookups, played boondocking on Solar+Internal tank+pump/etc... to test everything before leaving.  Didn't run into any issues, but the peace of mind was great.

• Like 2

Between Olivers…

• Moderators

Agree with WhatDa, plan to spend a few days, or more, in the local area.  There is a lot to do in TN and KY, so might as well take advantage!  When you get home find a local RV repair and use them.  Our local guy works on 3 Olivers that I’m aware of.  He’s done warranty work for me that was reimbursed by Oliver.  I take my trailer in to him annually for wheel bearings and brakes.  We haven’t had any other issues the last couple of years.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

We've had really good luck with some camping world service departments around the country, both with our Oliver, and the rvs that we've delivered to Alaska. Notably, the Campingworld in Port Richey, Fl, who worked on our old Oliver Dometic fridge under warranty,  and Campingworld of Kansas City, which is actually in Grain Valley, MO.  (A few others, honestly, were not so great.) I called CW Grain Valley from 40 miles away, and they squeezed us in late on a Friday afternoon, and had us in and out in 30 minutes on a backup camera issue in one of the delivery units. Really nice staff, too, and very clean waiting room.

For warranty work on an Oliver, you can take your trailer to any qualified dealer.

I second Whatda's recommendation of camping near Oliver for several days, and using /testing every system on your trailer at pickup. 

Sherry

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We took our unit to a local dealership, that we know and trust. An independent family owned dealership, 'Call of the Wild RV', in Oxford, Maine took care of our unit, inspected our axles for a potential recall, and billed the manufacturer direct. Smiles, handshakes and great service...doesn't get much better than that...

• Like 3

The biggest problem IMHO is not so much finding a “reputable” dealer or shop, tho that is hard, but finding one that does not have a six week backlog of work. In recent years RV sales have skyrocketed but the building of new campgrounds and service facilities has not. This is not a sustainable long term situation. Something is going to collapse.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.