Just put the deposit down on an Ollie Elite II

RoyW

Hello from Albany, NY!  My wife, Mary, and I just took the plunge on an Elite II and have been sifting through the Forum to learn as much as possible before we complete the "options build worksheet".... so many decisions!?  I'm sure we'll ask many questions, despite all the advice and opinions available here, before finalizing that list... thanks in advance for any help 🙂

Anyway, here's our story: we recently (March) sold our Class A diesel pusher after 6 years of ownership (and a lot of expense) and decided to downsize for a variety of reasons, mostly to start traveling the country and seeing the sights. Previously we had owned a 5th wheel trailer that sat permanently at a seasonal NH campground for 10 years (our weekend get-away); a 24' travel trailer for a couple years (used mostly locally with grand-kids); and then the motorhome when we started snow-birding in FL from Jan to Apr over the past 6 years. Also, we already have a GMC 2500HD Denali tow vehicle that I use to pull a 20' enclosed car trailer... so we're all set in that department.

So, we're now ready for a new chapter and after having looked, over the last 5 months, at many Ultra-lites and Mini-lites of all Brands, happened upon the Oliver!  Quality and uniqueness won out over the more traditional, roomy, and flimsy alternative 🙂 So, we look forward with anticipation to the next few weeks and months of build decisions, Ollie construction, and travel plans ... while awaiting a late August pick-up!

The current Covid-19 situation has thrown a dark cloud over everything, but we are optimistic that the sun will come out again, and our decision to move forward with this purchase at this time was a good one and that the adventure that is to follow will be memorable. Stay safe, and we look forward to the open road and meeting other Ollie owners in the future.

Best Regards,

Roy & Mary

• Like 11

• Moderators

Roy and Mary, welcome!  The sun will come out again and you’ll be able to enjoy your Oliver.  You’re pick up will be just in time for the rally, I would recommend attending.  You’ll meet a lot of owners and Oliver staff.  It’s a great place to learn about your trailer, ask questions, etc.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Welcome Roy and Mary. As you go about finalizing options on your Ollie you will find a wealth of information here which will help a lot. Oliver Travel Trailers staff has been great answering questions we have had throughout the ordering and our upcoming delivery process in mid June. We are also still attending Oliver University and learning as much as we can. We hope to meet you at the Fall Rally. 

-Patriot

Edited by Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

This is our first post, Chuck and Sandy Towle, from KC, MO. SOUDS LIKE EVERY LIKE OLIVERS.

We are retired and owned a 40 ft diesel pusher for 2 & a half years . Had a great time and met a lot of friends, we still see and communicate with by face book.

We are looking for a used Oliver, so any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Chuck and Sandy 

• Moderators

Welcome Chuck and Sandy!  With a little patience you’ll find the perfect used Ollie. Carol and I graduated from Leavenworth high school, so we’re very familiar with KC!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS