Stinky Slinky hose upgrade

I have a few questions about upgrading the stinky slinky to a higher quality hose and clear end connector.(We want to keep our Oliver hose as a spare) 

We are looking for a high quality reliable hose that we can still store in the bumper including the clear end cap. We also want a hose that will attach to the black tank outlet without out any modifications. I have asked a few members in PMs but just thought I would ask the group. Mods respectively if there is a write up on this please delete my post and redirect me to the link. 

What is the general length of hose everyone is using that stores in the bumper 15’, 20’? 

Is a 45 degree clear end adaptor a better option than a 90 degree? 

What’s everyone using successfully?

Thanks in advance for your patience with our questions.
Thoughts and recommendations appreciated.

-Patriot

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Rhino

Clear 5 inch inline 10 foot hose clear 90 degree adapter with Addison also 10 foot

I never disconnect the short auxiliary hose, just cap it (stole idea from K Lukens)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by T-Oliver
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

I'll second the RhinoFlex.  I bought 2 of the 20' kits (so 4x 10' sections).  I like them because they are more rigid and less likely to sag, but more importantly they compress into sections that fit neatly in the bumper.   The neatness is the win in my book.  I use the 20' Sidewinder to support it, but just delinked it in the middle so it also fits in the bumper storage area.  We keep a 10' as the first section and that's enough for many places and visits to the dump station, but having the flexibility to position our trailer just about anywhere on a site has meant some spectacular views or added privacy - hence 40' total of hose onboard. Note that the rhinoflex 15' sections can't disconnect form the elbow - so I returned my order of those when I discovered that.

Here's 20' of rhinoflex in the bumper: the other 20' are currently hooked up.   

Hoses.thumb.jpg.7e75f69c4e414bd3818eef3ca6f78d0b.jpg

• Like 1

Between Olivers…

• Moderators

I used a Rhinoflex for about a year.  There were a couple of issues I had with it.  First, it developed a small leak (drip, drip, drip) at the end joint where the cap or 90 degree fitting goes.  I couldn’t find where the leak was, very frustrating.  Second, the hose wasn’t easy to collapse into the shorter, non-extended length for storage in the bumper.  I’ve been using a Valterra Dominator for about 18 months and like it a lot.  When stretched or compressed the length stays exactly where you put it.  That also makes it nice when I don’t need the full 15’, I can stretch it out to what I need and it stays that way.  The Rhinoflex tended to want to stretch out.  

My Rhinoflex looked like the picture T-Oliver posted.  The picture from WhatDa looks more like the Dominator I use.  It is black with red end fittings and comes with a clear 90 degree fitting.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Thanks for everyone’s feedback...we chose the 20’ Valterra Dominator, hopefully it will serve us well.
There are a number of great choices out there.

-Patriot

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg