That Great Bunch

mountainborn

• Moderators

Every time I go to the factory, I am impressed with those guys out in the shop. Not only are they knowlegable and industrious, they are focused completely.

Their pride in their product is amazing. Since our Ollie is one of the first that came off of the assembly line, they always look it over very close. They want to know how their product is holding up and how they can improve it. They are so serious about it that their inspections can reveal to them, but not to the inexperienced eye, minor wear and blemishes that they readily take it upon themselves to buff up. All the while discussing amongst themselves ways to correct the minor thing during the initial assembly stage.

One example was the pushbutton pins that lock the rear bumper up in place. Newer coaches than ours have small cleverly installed chains to keep them from getting lost or misplaced. Ours has never had them. The chains were not on the list of upgrade items. Somehow during the process someone on the crew noted that, and took the time to be sure that the chains were installed. We didn't notice them until we made a walk around pre trip inspection after overnighting in Memphis.

Now, this is customer service that goes beyond working from a check list ! It is the kind of thing that family members do for each other, and for us it means a lot.

I didn't keep a list of items that were done in addition to the upgrades, but there were several.

Thanks to that great bunch out in the shop.

Those craftsmen out in the shop area wouldn't be able to do those wonderful things that they do, without a lot of support from that great bunch in the offices. If those craftsmen were having to chase parts, answer phones and many other tasks, they wouldn't be able to function at such a high level of efficiency.

Thanks to all of our Oliver Family that made our most recent visit such a pleasure !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)