Weber Q1200 grill regulator question

Patriot

In anticipation of our mid June delivery day I am working on getting our Weber Q1200 configured so that we can use/check our propane quick connects on our Ollie. So here is my question for anyone using a Weber Q1200 . How did you remove and or modify the regulator to accept the quick connect? In the photo I took it appears Weber integrated the regulator into the propane adjustment knob which appears to leave no knob if one installs the quick connect adapter.
Before I begin minor surgery, I thought I would ask? I did a forum search, but could not find this info.
Mods...Please redirect to a link, and delete my post if there is an existing post for this question. 
Edit- I also need to make the same mod on our Outland Fire Bowl. 
Thank you,

Patriot

7D8A133D-27E6-4865-A3E1-A60FB24BEFA5.jpeg

480C0D18-35ED-46D1-8FBE-0EE2B01E10DB.jpeg

Edited by Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

If you go to You Tube and do a search, you will find three or four tutorials on removing the regulator on the Weber. Note is does not have to be a 1200 the majority of Weber Grills are the same set up. Most are made by sellers of adapter kits to hook a Weber to quick connect  low pressure set ups.

Good luck. After watching them, I sold my Weber and bought a Coleman Road Trip because the regulator is not build in to the grill itself. Makes the conversion a lot easier for someone as unhandy as me. You just need an adapter for the grill and don't install the regulator.  

• Like 2

Bill Thomas 2019 Elite II Hull # 534

2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500

I posted about modifying my Weber grill some time ago.  The YouTube videos I found useful are HERE and HERE. I bought the Weber Q RV Quick Connect Kit from propanegear.com for $49.99. The SKU for the model I got is not currently on their web site, but they have two versions available with eight foot or twelve foot hoses. 

Connecting the Outland bowl is easy - just change out the hose. I bought this adapter hose

If you are going full propane quick connect, be sure to get a couple of extension hoses so that you can position your devices where you want at your campsite. A friend gave me a CampChef stove, and we love it. Sometimes I want to have the CampChef and the Weber connected simultaneously, and so I bought a Y-adapter

Edited by DavidS
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 3

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

ThomB87 and DavidS,

Thank you both for this info...very helpful. After my post this morning I did a little deeper dive and also found this valuable link. I ordered a 20’ hose. 

https://www.netjeff.com/wp/?p=1238

Many Thanks Again,

Patriot

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

I found the conversion parts for my Q1000 on Amazon.  It doesn’t take long.  I left my Outland fire bowl as is and use a separate 20lb tank for it since sometimes we use it in the Clam is can be a ways away from the trailer.

Edited by Mike and Carol
  • Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

DavidS - 

If your friend is looking for someone else to give a CampChef to - I'm available! 😁

Bill

Edited by topgun2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Mike,

I just found this, per one review this is all I need for the conversion on the Q1200.

5C798254-C822-46AB-8F37-04CEE550D4A5.png

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

4 hours ago, topgun2 said:

DavidS - 

If your friend is looking for someone else to give a CampChef to - I'm available! 😁

Bill

Four years ago, when we had ordered our Ollie and were awaiting delivery, we had our neighbors over for a backyard bbq. We talked a lot about the trailer, and I mentioned how I really liked the CampChef stove that Buzzy had posted about on the forum. My neighbor said "I think I have one of those." He had won it as a door prize at a golf tournament, the box had never been opened, and he then gave it to me. I offered to pay him the Amazon price, but he said no, noting that for years I had fixed problems on their phones, computers, and internet routers. Cus that is what friends do! 

Edited by DavidS
  • Like 5

• Moderators

I actually bought that fitting for my Coleman Suitcase grill I have had for about 20 years.  It didn’t fit, so I bought the Blackstone 17" griddle that it does fit.  That’s putting the cart before the horse.  And now you know the rest of the story.

I do believe there are multiple regulator fitting sizes for 1 lb. gas bottles.  But of course I was trying to retrofit something I bought before Amazon.

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

5 hours ago, Patriot said:

Mike,

I just found this, per one review this is all I need for the conversion on the Q1200.

Great info in this thread.  Thanks all!

Anyone have any thoughts re: I like to use my Weber Q1200 and my CampChef Fire pit at home AND when I'm camping with the Ollie.  Looks like the fire pit could be just a matter of swapping out the hoses each time from the original that has the regulator on the bottle end to a quick connect hose.  The Weber, having the regulator at the stove end...   Would love to hear thots of anyone who's done this.  Thanks in advance.

I should have read Patriot's post above.  The video shows exactly how to set up the Weber Q for both uses.  Thanks!

Edited by chuckstovall
  • Like 1

This is the company that I bought my conversion kit from for my Q1200.  They provide a beautiful kit along with wonderful instructions.  The include the Teflon pipe sealer for some connections.  They allow you to order different kits for different hose lengths.  

https://propanegear.com/weber-q-grill-compatible-rv-quick-connect-kit-8-ft-hose/

Edited by GraniteStaters
URL is inactive

David Caswell and Paula Saltmarsh

Hull 509 "The Swallow"

2 hours ago, chuckstovall said:

Anyone have any thoughts re: I like to use my Weber Q1200 and my CampChef Fire pit at home AND when I'm camping with the Ollie.  Looks like the fire pit could be just a matter of swapping out the hoses each time from the original that has the regulator on the bottle end to a quick connect hose.  The Weber, having the regulator at the stove end...   Would love to hear thots of anyone who's done this.  Thanks in advance.

Chuck, I don't know what video you mean. I solved this by getting a hose with quick connect on one end and a regulator that connects to a 20 lb propane tank on the other end. This adapter is not designed for the small, disposable, propane bottles. I bought the adapter hose for $26, but it is currently listed for $42, so you might want to follow it on camelcamelcamel.  

882183660_ScreenShot2020-05-15at5_04_58PM.thumb.png.c50c087a73e06dc8bdb5174ad67c89ee.png

Edited by DavidS
  • Thanks 2

My trailer was ordered with the LP quick disconnects and I setup our Little Red Campfire and our LP gas grills (actually two different grills, the up to work with them with a 25ft extension hose. Note here I did first setup them up and used the hoses that came with them with the regulators on them, but after using the grills and running two regulators (the Oliver's and the grill/campfire regulators) in line I found the grills did not get hot enough as two regulators must in some way have lessened the LP supply to to the grills. So I removed the lines that came with the campfire/grills and just use the Oliver regulator to control LP flow and all works as it should. I got the parts I needed from Amazon, it does take a little knowledge of what was needed and the sizes of fittings to make the connection all work properly and fit together. I also installed a needle valve on the campfire as you need someway to control the LP flow to it, I guess you could use the LP valve on the quick disconnect, but I decided not to go that way. 

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• 2 months later...