Where I live

topgun2

• Moderators

This short video was just published.  It highlights the small town of Brevard, NC which is located just southwest of Asheville, NC and is a short distance from the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Perhaps it is really not so different from so many places in this great country but it is where I call home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2b8EkeQn1c&feature=youtu.be  

Bill

Edited by topgun2
  • Like 10

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Bill,

You picked a really great place to call home. We really enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing.

edit- We enjoy small town living in the foothills of Western NC.
David

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Brevard is truly one of the prettiest little towns in western North Carolina.  A really lovely and vibrant downright , and outside of town, omg, all the woods (Transylvania) and waterfalls.

Don't skip it, when it's just a bit out of the way. Asheville is fun and wonderful,  but towns like Brevard maintain that WNC heart and small town friendliness that is truly the spirit of western North Carolina. 

Sherry

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Although we haven’t been to Western North Carolina in many years and loved the waterfalls, creeks, and trees,  I always thought the best thing about the area was the BBQ.

Mossey

• Like 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.  Indeed this is a pretty nice place, but most of the people are fairly nice too.  One of the singers/band members in the video is Woody Platt.  He is a member of the Steep Canyon Rangers - multiple Grammy award winners for their Bluegrass music and the band of choice for Steve Martin who is a reasonable banjo player.  Also in the video is Sylvan Sport - the makers of the "Go" camper - who changed their production line early in the Pandemic in order to produce PPE mainly in the form of the face shields shown in the video.  Gaia Herbs also changed their production to hand sanitizer (as did a couple of the smaller breweries in town) and Oskar Blues brewery shut down the beer line in order to produce canned water.  The worker assembly line shown is from a production facility that mainly hires physically/mentally challenged workers and they changed the line in order to pack meals and dry goods for the Federal Government.  And for Mike there is a group that is providing free BBQ each Saturday and Sunday - the BBQ is good but we found the sauce to be not the best.  And there is more, but, this is not a bad response to our current national situation particularly for a town with a population of less than 8,000.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I have to agree with the comments about Brevard. We have some close friends who lived in Salt Lake City for many years, and then they moved to Brevard several years ago. We have visited them several times, and it is a wonderful area. The old fashioned business district is really nice, with interesting stores - no chain stores. I particularly liked this store called Architectural Antiques, so much so that I had to take a picture of it. 

And the waterfalls were amazing! We did bunch of hikes, and each time to a different waterfall. Pictures of Triple Falls and Connestee Falls. 

IMG_5844.thumb.jpg.cc4e22b99c9eca77f50d16fcbd860ee1.jpg

IMG_5826.thumb.jpeg.82a666c018129ab9ed87c59c4ec0013f.jpeg

IMG_5893.thumb.jpeg.52f7daebf1ba7dfa81e529883e5b2a61.jpeg

• Like 6

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

• Moderators

More amazing photos, David. Thanks for the memories !

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We have a small mountain home outside of Maggie Valley NC that is a 1/4 mile from the Blue Ridge Pkwy.  Western Carolina is filled with so many neat little towns that have their own uniqueness.  Looking for elk around the Maggie, Cherokee and Cataloochee area makes for a great afternoon.  Haywood BBQ in Waynesville, Dillsboro, and now in Franklin is some of the best BBQ east of the Mississippi.  I always dread leaving when we have to leave and head back to Atlanta.  We are blessed to spend time roaming around the mountains.

Erv Carter

Edited by gatorewc
  • Like 2

Erv & Sherry  Hull # 650

2022  Platinum SD 250 Tremor. 7.3 Godzilla

ALARFLGAILKYMSMONENCSCSDTNWVmed.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just mentioned this post to Duke & the fact that I've never spent any time there & his response was, "you'd love it, there are all kinds of breweries there." 🤔

• Like 2
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

5 hours ago, ShallowGal said:

Just mentioned this post to Duke & the fact that I've never spent any time there & his response was, "you'd love it, there are all kinds of breweries there." 🤔

If you like  breweries and wineries look into harvest host membership.  Went to a moonshine distillery and was glad we stayed over night. The moon shine taste testing had me sleep Very good that night.🤪

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

A moonshine distillery sounds like a hoot! Where was it?  We have thoroughly enjoyed our HH membership. Honey farm, cheese farm, golf course & many wineries & breweries. We don't necessarily come out ahead when we stay at the latter two. 

• Like 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL