Quick Connect (QD) line pressure

• Moderators

I don't know, but, I'm sure that Jason Essary (Oliver Service Department Manager) can tell you.  Contact Jason via the "Service" tab at the top of this page.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

If you really need to know the pressure, Bill is right on with contacting Jason.

I think the easiest way to know is, if the stove comes with a regulator, it will not work out of the box.  You will need to remove the regulator and create a quick connect adaptor.

Andrew

Edited by AndrewK
  • Like 1

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d 

As above, contact Jason for a specific answer.  Generally though, equipment is either 'high' or 'low' pressure.  If it normally works with a 1lb green cylinder, then it'll be high pressure for sure (most stuff is, unless it's specifically made for RVs).  And like Andrew said, you'll just have to replace the regulator valve with a plain valve.  Finding that right valve is sometimes tricky, and a few stoves absolutely won't work reliably without high pressure.  Another option is to tee off of the propane tank to bypass the onboard regulator, and the ultimate solution is to just carry some green cylinders.  Personally, after a few trips, we found it easier to just use the cylinders rather than pull out multiple hoses and having them strewn about to trip on.  The only thing we use our quick connects for now is the campfire.  

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Ditto above.  An example - the Weber Q series propane grills come with a regulator. They won’t work off the Oliver quick connect unless you remove the regulator and replace with a quick connect fitting. My Q1000 has been working fine off the quick connect. I have another propane grill but the regulator and hose are permanently mounted to the grill.  So, if you get a low pressure stove with a built in regulator make sure you’ll be able to remove it. Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I would say any LP stove/grill that you purchase that runs thru a pressure regulator and a LP bottle should work just fine. I did first setup my trailer and grill/campfire to run thru the trailer regulator and the ones that can with the grill/campfire, that's two regulators. After using the grill/campfire a couple of times I felt the grill did not get full LP flow and there was some heat loss, so I did away with the grill/campfire regulators and run my grill/campfire just from the trailer regulator, or the quick disconnect on the trailer. I did have to get some fittings from Amazon to make the connections, but all worked out well in the long run. These fittings are not special, but you have to know what sizes fittings you will be dealing with and 3/8" in one style is not the same in another style. You will be dealing with Flare and NPT fittings to make the connections, get someone to help you with these if you don't know about them. You will also need at 25' LP extension hose, get the 1/4" hose, longer hose if you think you will need it. 

trainman

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.