How hard to find Used Oliver Trailers with King Bed

Hi everyone, 

Chip and Debra here looking to purchase an Oliver.  We are planning a trip to the factory in a few weeks, but wanted to see if there are any used Olivers out there.  We know they are hard to find, so thought the best place was to start here.

We may end up getting a new one, and did read on Facebook they maybe making a larger unit in a year or so with a dry bath.  Might be worth the wait if that is true.  If anyone has any advice we welcome it. 

We have been camping for 20 years from tent, pop-up, hybrid and now small 24 foot camper.  Looking now for some low maintenance and quality.   

The larger Ollie has been rumored for years but I don't think they have a definite timeline for introducing one (if ever).  But you'd be surprised at how large the E2 lives for its size.  

I don't know what percentage of E2s out there are king bed, but it does seem like most people choose the twin.  It's possible, and I don't think all that difficult, to convert one to the other though.

Edited by Overland
  • Like 2

Thank you so much for the response.  I didn't think about the conversion aspect of the king to twin or vise versa.  We Just don't like to sleep separate.  Also, I was afraid it was rumored about the larger unit because the comment on Facebook.  We go to the plant in 2 weeks so will be glad to see one E2 close up and I will ask them.    Have a blessed day!

• Like 1

I think to convert a twin to a king, all you have to do is unscrew the nightstand and remove the two extensions for the twin beds (which I believe are riveted and would need to be drilled out.  Then you'd need to purchase a table & leg from Oliver, and either buy cushions from them or have some made locally.  Some owners also have custom mattresses made so that they have a permanent king bed setup.

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Overland said:

I think to convert a twin to a king, all you have to do is unscrew the nightstand and remove the two extensions for the twin beds (which I believe are riveted and would need to be drilled out.  Then you'd need to purchase a table & leg from Oliver, and either buy cushions from them or have some made locally.  Some owners also have custom mattresses made so that they have a permanent king bed setup.

Depending on how fussy you are about making mods, and how handy you are with a few tools - Modding the twin set up is easy to do, esp. for a flex set-up. I have - and although we don't do very often (I need to make a few improvement's, but I'm cheap) it works well and does simulate the Queen for the most part, although the nightstand is still in place, but we sleep heads towards the front, so it doesn't really matter. 

As for finding a used one - good luck- it may take a little time. 

• Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201