Oliver Lithium Pro Package

Patriot

• Moderators
On 6/19/2020 at 8:02 AM, Overland said:

Another question to make sure of is the warranty. LifeBlue’s website says that their warranty terms don’t apply to OEM batteries, so is Oliver giving the full five year coverage or is it limited to the length of Oliver’s warranty?

I have to say that LifeBlue’s website doesn’t instill confidence, though I’m sure it renders well in Netscape. 

I'm wondering about that, too. I didn't see that exclusion on Battleborn,  or Dakota. Of course, we don't know if there's a separate agreement.  Yet.

Btw, has anyone used, or seen much for reviews, on Dakota lifepo4 batteries? Considerably less than Battleborn,  Lifeblue, relion, renogy, etc, especially if you buy 2 or 4. Made in North Dakota. 11 year warranty. 

I'm finding most Dakota reviews are for batteries sized for fish finders, ebikes,  and trolling motors. 

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+

While at Quartzsite this past winter, I spoke at length with the Factory rep for the Lion Energy Safari UT1300 battery. They advertise a limited lifetime warranty.  I asked him to explain exactly how that would work. He stated that if one of their battery's ever fail for any reason other than physical damage (like a shattered case) it would be replaced at no cost to the owner, no questions asked. At the show we could buy them for $775.00 each, out the door. They seemed like the best buy on the market to me.

Now if my seven year old Trojan AGM's would play out...just kidding.

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Steve, the Lion 1300ut is on sale at Costco.com through July 5, $749. Or, $700 each in a two pack.

Did you meet anyone at Quartzite who was actually using these batteries? 

Sherry

Screenshot_20200628-105518_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200628-105419_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Will Prowse does a comparison between Lion Energy and Battleborn in this video, explaining some of the price difference.

Edited to add this earlier Will Prowse video, where he talks about an earlier product, Lion Energys  "lifetime" warranty, and opens up the case so we can see the components and construction. 

Edited by SeaDawg
Additional info
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderator+
1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

Steve, the Lion 1300ut is on sale at Costco.com through July 5, $749. Or, $700 each in a two pack.

Did you meet anyone at Quartzite who was actually using these batteries? 

Sherry

There was an Oliver owner near us that was having trouble with two of his batteries. We took those two out of service so they would not pull his other two down with them. He went to the big tent and looked at all the different brands of lithium. He came over to the solar tracker booth I was helping with and asked me to go with him to look at the Lion Energy battery.  That was when I asked the factory rep to explain about the warranty.  The Oliver owner bought a set and installed them while we were at Quartzsite.

• Like 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

We paid $774/ea for our Battleborns in 2017(?).  From what I've been told, there's a substantial markup for the retailer - and at the time, they were still trying to to make a name for themselves.  Plus I was buying all of my Victron stuff from the same guy (Inverter Supply).  It seems like in the following few years there has been enough demand that they've been able to sell at full retail, but I imagine now that some worthy competitors are showing up, you might be able to find a retailer or two who are willing to deal. 

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

• Moderators

There's a lithium battery company in Grand Forks that I've been looking at lately, Dakota Lithium. Factory in North Dakota, and an office in Seattle. 

They discount for pre-order and  bulk purchase (2 +), and offer an 11 year warranty. In business since 2004.

https://dakotalithium.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw_-D3BRBIEiwAjVMy7OcTsd8O-dRXtIODk__7xfORms8Oac4l32e867tTKY5Ww4CD24nexBoCzmYQAvD_BwE

You may think the guy in technical support in this video looks a bit like he could live in Canada. Grand Forks is less than 150 miles south of Winnipeg. 😁 

Sherry

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

4 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

There's a lithium battery company in Grand Forks that I've been looking at lately, Dakota Lithium. Factory in North Dakota, and an office in Seattle. 

They discount for pre-order and  bulk purchase (2 +), and offer an 11 year warranty. In business since 2004.

https://dakotalithium.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw_-D3BRBIEiwAjVMy7OcTsd8O-dRXtIODk__7xfORms8Oac4l32e867tTKY5Ww4CD24nexBoCzmYQAvD_BwE

I've been following them for a while, in particular the DL170 now . The cold operating specs leaves me cold and surprised given their Dakota location. Maybe suitable for summer trolling but not winter ice fishing. For my needs, the 200 AH Lifeblue Oliver is offering seem like the best bet, assuming it's the low temp version.

I haven't looked at the specs, but I think you could add a heat mat in the battery compartment and that would keep them toasty enough.

My concern is the opposite, since it's been shown that high temps can degrade LFP batteries over time.  

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2020 at 9:23 AM, Overland said:

Assuming that Oliver is using the LFP version of the Progressive Dynamics charger, which is 80 amps, then that charge time suggests ~300 Ah total. 

I doubt you’d get 4 hours of AC off that except in absolutely ideal conditions. Probably 2-3 hours is more likely. 

3 100Ah batteries is what I’d expect, since they’ll fit easily in the battery tray. 

I asked if more batteries could be added.  Oliver says there is room for 1 additional for a total of 3.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

On 6/28/2020 at 3:08 PM, Overland said:

I haven't looked at the specs, but I think you could add a heat mat in the battery compartment and that would keep them toasty enough.

My concern is the opposite, since it's been shown that high temps can degrade LFP batteries over time.  

Lithium package description says it has a built-in heating system for temps down to -4 F

Ray and Susan Huff

On 6/19/2020 at 5:02 AM, Overland said:

Another question to make sure of is the warranty. LifeBlue’s website says that their warranty terms don’t apply to OEM batteries, so is Oliver giving the full five year coverage or is it limited to the length of Oliver’s warranty?

Good question.  Does anyone have clarification for Oliver on the battery warranty?

Ray and Susan Huff

You better get that clarification from Oliver and Life Blue.  My interpretation based on the warranties online there is no warranty.

The limited parts warranty covers this RV for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase by the original retail purchaser. The limited warranty covers manufacturer's defects in material and workmanship on parts manufactured and installed by Oliver.

6. This Limited Warranty does not cover batteries sold by LiFeBlue or any authorized distributor or dealer to an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Please contact the OEM directly for warranty claims.

Edited by Dean

1 hour ago, Dean said:

You better get that clarification from Oliver and Life Blue

I've spoken to sales about the warranty. They don't have specific paperwork on it yet but told me they believe the same warranty offered by LifeBlue would apply when sold with an Oliver. https://www.lifebluebattery.com/ewExternalFiles/Warranty .pdf (yes, the space is actually required before the file extension.) They said information would eventually be posted in the university section.

While I'm sure the batteries will last at least 10 years when properly cared for, LifeBlue as a company seems super sketchy. Without assurance from Oliver that they will handle the warranty claim, I'll probably drop the LiFePO4 upgrade from my final order before my build starts. I'd rather spend more on something from a company that actually has a history honoring claims or even just a history of selling batteries 🤪

Edited by Jairon
  • Thanks 1

2019 Toyota Land Cruiser

2021 Oliver Elite II, Hull #748

The LifeBlue warranty is not that good,  month 60-120 they are providing a 30% discount on a replamemt battery.  Based on today’s price, you would be >$1400 out of pocket with the shipping for the low temperature model.  Times 2 if both batteries went south.

Edited by Dean
  • Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Susan Huff said:

I asked if more batteries could be added.  Oliver says there is room for 1 additional for a total of 3.

My 2017 LE2 battery tray is W 14.25" x L 21" and the LifeBlue spec's the 200AH LB12200-HC at W 6.6" x L 19.0". And looking at the picture of the LifeBlue batteries in the LE2 battery tray on the options page, I don’t see how a 3rd battery would fit in the tray.

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

10 minutes ago, mossemi said:

My 2017 LE2 battery tray is W 14.25" x L 21" and the LifeBlue spec's the 200AH LB12200-HC at W 6.6" x L 19.0". And looking at the picture of the LifeBlue batteries in the LE2 battery tray on the options page, I don’t see how a 3rd battery would fit in the tray.

Mossey

Just what I was told . . . . . but the specs say otherwise 😖

Ray and Susan Huff

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 3:04 PM, Dean said:

You better get that clarification from Oliver and Life Blue.....

Hello , All LiFeBlue Batteries sold by Oliver TT have the full warranty. See attached letter of exemption.

Oliver TT LiFeBlue warranty exemption.pdf

• Like 1

Larry Crutcher, GM
LiFeBlue Battery

sales@lifebluebattery.com

(920) LiFePO4
(920) 543-3764

Lifeblue-logo3-orange sm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 5:15 AM, John & Nancy said:

Oh yea!  We pick up hull # 626 (demo) available Sept 8 which has Lithium ion Batteries, 340 watt Solar package & 3000 watt inverter.

Oh, Boy . . . .  you must be getting excited!  Just a few days till pickup.

When you take delivery, please share the details of the Li-ion setup . . . .  and interior photos.  I'm anxious to see a 2021 model as we will be picking ours up December 7.  I wish Oliver would update the photos on their website . . . . . . . 

Ray and Susan Huff

On 8/2/2020 at 5:20 PM, Dean said:

The LifeBlue warranty is not that good,  month 60-120 they are providing a 30% discount on a replamemt battery.  Based on today’s price, you would be >$1400 out of pocket with the shipping for the low temperature model.  Times 2 if both batteries went south.

It's my belief that, in 5-10 years, the cost of li-ion batteries will be much lower as they become the norm rather than high end option.  Supply will bring the price down.  Current prices reflect, somewhat, the novelty of the more efficient lithium battery.

Ray and Susan Huff

So, the lithium option includes two 200ah batteries for a total of 400ah.  Doesn't say what size, but Oliver told me there is room for one more (?).  

Can someone tell me - are these two 6v or two 12v?  I'm assuming 6v since that's the way the AGMs are configured.

Also, I asked my sales rep if the Lithium package includes a battery disconnect switch.  He says, "yes, inside the trailer".

Ray and Susan Huff