Introduction

We live on a Coastal River in SE GA & have traveled the US Birding since 2008 having seen almost 700 species!  Since 2014 we have photographed over 460 species of butterflies in the US!  We've just made a big leap changing from Airplanes, Rental cars & Hotels to an Ollie!  Waiting 3 months will be the hard part.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Congratulations and welcome!  An Oliver will get you where you need to go to see lots of birds and lots of other wildlife.  We lived in Augusta, SE GA is a pretty place.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I hate myself for saying this but - Time Files!

Seriously, it really does.  During the three months of waiting you have a bunch to do (besides dreaming of all the great places you can take that Ollie).  The Oliver University is a great place to start and since you are already here, there is a bunch of information contained on this Forum that will help ease you into the Oliver world.

Welcome and please do not hesitate to ask questions along the way.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 5/30/2020 at 8:39 AM, topgun2 said:

I hate myself for saying this but - Time Files!

Seriously, it really does.  During the three months of waiting you have a bunch to do (besides dreaming of all the great places you can take that Ollie).  The Oliver University is a great place to start and since you are already here, there is a bunch of information contained on this Forum that will help ease you into the Oliver world.

Welcome and please do not hesitate to ask questions along the way.

Bill

Just skimming the response to my first question leaves me overwhelmed!  I can see 'Ollie' owners really like to share!  And yes we do have alot to do but we are missing the 2020 Butterfly and migrant bird season!  Waiting comes at a cost.  Thanks, Bill.

On 5/29/2020 at 7:52 PM, John & Nancy said:

Since 2014 we have photographed over 460 species of butterflies in the US! 

Wow! I am impressed! Do you have a website with your butterfly photos?

On 6/4/2020 at 6:23 AM, John & Nancy said:

we are missing the 2020 Butterfly and migrant bird season! 

Is there a website that provides info on butterfly migration and locations for viewing? I have seen the monarch butterfly overwintering site at Natural Bridges State Park near Santa Cruz, CA, and it was amazing.  

I saw this butterfly in my garden week before last, and I took this with "the best camera I had with me," my phone. Any idea what kind it is?

2020-05-25-110654Apple.thumb.jpg.84402e4e9697ceeefd71d0008bf4063b.jpg

I am certain you will enjoy the upgrade from Airplanes, Rental Cars & Hotels to an Ollie! 

• Like 1

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

Your beautiful butterfly is a Western Tiger Swallowtail.  Our links to Flickr are :

John https://www.flickr.com/photos/156558292@N04/albums/with/72157707734594685

Nancy https://www.flickr.com/photos/137680150@N06/albums

NABA (North American Butterfly Association) has a website where we log in butterflies we see daily as do others.  We use this database to see actual sites where species occur rather than rely on field guides for locations.  The field guide we use is Butterflies of North America by Jeffrey Glassberg to help ID the species.  We submit our photos of new species to BAMONA (Butterflies and Moths of North America).  We submit bird sightings to ebird by Cornell University.  Birders all over the world use ebird so it is a large database with lots of ways to explore the data.  It's a great hobby!  Check our Solar Darkroom Santa Monica for fantastic photos of California butterflies!  David is a great friend who shares CA butterfly locations with us!  He's on Facebook, too!

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing the Flickr links. Fabulous photos! 

I was able to find the NABA and BAMONA web sites, and they look useful. Unfortunately the Solar Darkroom Santa Monica is closed to non-FB users, and I am not willing to use Facebook. 

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

• 6 months later...

John and I did not buy the demo unit but waited for a custom build HULL # 694.  It is a 2021 with Lithium Batteries, Solar Panels and all the bells & whistles.  (The Power Awning is now standard on the Oliver Elite II!)  We love it and are anxious to get on the road!  Our first trip will be to the Everglades to search for a Rare Florida Leafwing butterfly that looks like a leaf when closed and when flying is a bright red-orange!  We had to cancel our first trip due to flooding in the Everglades and CoVid but hope to get our 1st Vaccines next week and 2nd ones 3-4 weeks later so we can make our reservation at the Boardwalk in Homestead in early March.  We will also search for Gray Ministreak and Amethyst Hairstreak butterflies. both very rare and difficult to photograph.  We hope to see some of you when we hit the road!

Oliver IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

We went out to take the current interior photo this morning and realize exactly why we made this purchase.  The quality is unsurpassed and it is beautiful!  We Love our Ollie ! 🙂

p.s.  Offers are so low they don't even take the lithium batteries, solar panels or the fact it is a 2021 with all the other bells & whistles into account.  We know a 2020 sold on this forum for $65,000 and it didn't have Lithium Batteries nor Solar Panels.... we'll enjoy it instead.

IMG_0999.jpg

Oliver IMG_0866.jpg

Never say never.  Our immediate family is currently experiencing serious issues with CoVid.  We are just trying to deal with the stress.  Our hospitals have no ICU beds and our family needs them!  We are getting our vaccines next week and trying to hold it together.  Our daily walk is a prayer vigil.  We are on our knees constantly.  But it did our hearts good to go out and take those photos and fall in Love again!  Oliver is a great product.  We are proud to be part of the family.

• Thanks 2

If they're keeping it can a moderator remove the listing in the classified section?  Might be helpful so that someone doesn't think they've found one when it's no longer for sale...

Edited by connor77
Spelling
  • Like 1

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR