Bath faucet/shower end replaceable?

Bobfirst

• Moderators

Bobfirst -

I see that your Ollie is a 2017 model but it would be helpful if you could post a picture of the specific faucet you are talking about.

Thanks,

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

If you posted a picture - I'm having great difficulty in seeing it.

If the picture is in your computer - simply click on "Choose files" below and go to where you have that picture stored in your computer.  Then double left click on the picture and wait until it is uploaded (usually 30 seconds or so).

Bill

Edited by topgun2
Sure does help if I would go back to the top of the page to see the photo - sorry!

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

If this is the Dura kitchen faucet / sprayer that I believe it is, the replacement is about $20 with free amazon prime shipping/free returns. If it's the Scandvik model we have in the older trailers, the replacement head for their similar model  is over $40, directScreenshot_20200602-094407_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d25790cf65b162aae8894fcd05ab00a7.jpg from Scandvik.

The Oliver website lists 1 year warranty for the faucet, but Dura shows "limited lifetime warranty" on their catalog that I downloaded. It's always worth asking, imo.

There are several listings on Amazon, with dimensions, so you should be able to verify that it's the right one. Their listing says it fits all Dura pullouts.

https://www.amazon.com/Dura-Faucet-DF-RK850-CP-Designer-Replacement/dp/B009Y05M8M/ref=pd_lpo_263_t_2/138-7547063-1507704?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B009Y05M8M&pd_rd_r=76c0b342-1688-4245-a196-7f1203fb3d09&pd_rd_w=W9QrM&pd_rd_wg=P3Gbp&pf_rd_p=7b36d496-f366-4631-94d3-61b87b52511b&pf_rd_r=P6GTRJNQF23D5KTP45F3&psc=1&refRID=P6GTRJNQF23D5KTP45F3

Sherry

• Thanks 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Yes the correct Dura Model Number IS  DF-RKF 850-SN for 2017 Oliver Elite II.

Although the manual says only 1 yr warranty, Dura website states ‘limited lifetime warranty. Waiting to hear back from customerservice@durafaucet.com

0E10FBBD-60B7-43BD-9725-27498D01F4A2.jpeg

• Moderators

Like I said, no harm in asking. I've had home faucets replaced by delta, no questions asked, just a photo of the problem. Other brands, too. 

If Dura doesn't recognize this as  warranty, at least it's minimal, and an easy swap out.

My faucets in the 2008 are Scandvik. Haven't had an issue, so I don't know their policy. I also have three replacement Scandvik faucets on our boat, about 10 years old.  No issues there, either.

Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

Sherry

Edited by SeaDawg
Typos

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, thirddoor said:

Did you replace the bathroom faucet with this one, or the kitchen?

If the former, does it work well for the shower?

I should have been more specific.  I replaced the kitchen faucet with the Delta.  

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Update on Dura Bath Faucet Warranty . They required  verification it is a Dura faucet. Had to slip iphone between faucet & wall. Now they are sending a replacement head under Dura Limited Lifetime Warranty 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bobfirst said:

Update on Dura Bath Faucet Warranty . They required  verification it is a Dura faucet. Had to slip iphone between faucet & wall. Now they are sending a replacement head under Dura Limited Lifetime Warranty 

Perseverance! Great work Bob!

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Livvy said:

Bobfirst, great to hear that they stand behind their products at Dura. Thanks for the update.

Sherry

Is this Livy from Tampa?

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

Oops. I  was checking a screen to see if it was different for non moderator users this morning, and I forgot to sign out and log back in. 

Livvy is my dog. Clever little thing, isn't she? Using a computer, at her young age of 5. 😄 Thanks for the catch.

Sherry

She is an avid camper. In this photo, she's camping with her pal,  Pete's dog, Bosker. Liv is on the left.

20200605_110731.jpg

Edited by SeaDawg
Add photo
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Do regular household faucets and other plumbing fixtures work with the RV industry. I was under the impression, perhaps incorrectly, RV plumbing has different size fittings. The faucets and fixtures in our Oliver leave a bit to be desired and it would be a nice upgrade to replace them all. 

Thanks

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators
1 hour ago, routlaw said:

Do regular household faucets and other plumbing fixtures work with the RV industry. I was under the impression, perhaps incorrectly, RV plumbing has different size fittings. The faucets and fixtures in our Oliver leave a bit to be desired and it would be a nice upgrade to replace them all. 

Thanks

The Delta faucet I used in our kitchen is not an RV faucet, just a regular house faucet.  It fit fine.  Mike 

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

The story I was told is that in order to get RVIA certification, all the plumbing fixtures have to be RVIA approved.  It's probably a racket, but that's supposedly why Oliver had to switch from the marine faucet in the bath.

Like Mike, I swapped out our kitchen faucet, too.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Overland said:

The story I was told is that in order to get RVIA certification, all the plumbing fixtures have to be RVIA approved.  It's probably a racket, but that's supposedly why Oliver had to switch from the marine faucet in the bath.

Like Mike, I swapped out our kitchen faucet, too.  

That's interesting.  I  thought they might changed to the Dura because the little triangular handles on the original Scandvik faucets were so hard to operate with soapy hands.😃

I thought Csa and rvia standards are supposed to be virtually interchangeable these days.  Many faucets are certified CSA, but I I don't know about Scandvik marine faucets. I  just know they're really heavy, and have been very reliable for us. The newer Duras are probably much easier to use, though.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

For those of you with Delta faucets anywhere,  I  had my first failure with a Delta product,  at home.

It wasn't even a leaker, just "cosmetic." The colored red  coating on my Delta  Fuse  kitchen faucet has developed some dings and scratches in 5 years of use. Delta stepped up. Asked for photos, and original receipt. It has been discontinued,  but Delta sent me a new, similar faucet in brushed stainless. Since I  have many Delta products in my home, including all the shower valves, I  was really heartened to get such a quick response. 

That said, I'll really miss that touch of red in the kitchen.

Sherry

Screenshot_20200914-001402_Chrome.jpg

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4