Arkansas Campground report

COE MAUMELL, great corps Campground,  our spot was river edge. $13 with parks pass. Clean, well maintained. Roadways weren't as busy as they normally would be, must be the pandemic. 

20200604_181543.jpg

Edited by BackofBeyond
Update
  • Like 4

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

Such  a beautiful view. Thanks for sharing with those of us stuck at home. 

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Nice photo, it looks very peaceful....despite all that’s going on.....you are enjoying life and we are happy for you!

We all have to keep on living! 

-Patriot 

Edited by Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

I usually do minimal planning, but given the situation, I have done a little pre-planning as to where are we staying  - tomorrow - as compared to hey its 5pm, what do you want to do. So I have been using Campendium as my sourcing app. It certainly is handy - but I've come to understand one persons 4 star is another's  - stay away at all costs.  

We like to boondock, and do HH when possible, but the heat was pretty intense in OK, NM this week, and thus needed some shore power - I may have to break down and buy a gen set..... (Have I ever mentioned I hate the Dometic AC)  So - one place in OK, Territory Route  66 RV in Bridgeport OK was one night - nice country location, owners are just building the park, low key, low budget, but decent place. Great location to ride the bike down old 66. 

NM was a little more challenging, seems C-19 is keeping a few places closed. Had planned to HH - but the temps were just a little out there - ended up just outside Albuquerque - Turquoise Trail - just passable- and more $$ than it was worth - All the facilities are closed (Covid) but still want normal rates. Temps worked out - low 60 for morn.....mmmmm.

Seems a lot of places are half full with permanent "guests" - I never noticed previously.

Headed to elevation - it seems the roads are not as busy as past years - diesel is much cheaper - low was $1.61 - and about 1/2 people are C-19 aware.

Still - the Ollie is earning its keep.

Have a good day all!

• Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

I usually do minimal planning, but given the situation, I have done a little pre-planning as to where are we staying  -

We just returned from Colorado through New Mexico.  I had hope to stay at NM Parks or COE but everything there was still closed.  I looked at staying at Turquoise Trail but changed our route at the last minute and headed south through Roswell.  Stayed at RD Barn RV Park - small, family run, $28.  Recommend it for an overnight stop.  We’d been running our heater in Colorado and then hit the heat in NM!

Fuel prices are great right now.  Have a good trip!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS