Interior Colors

Trying to decide on a countertop color.  I have decided on the black upper cabinet doors; not sure about countertops, flooring and upholstery yet.  I think I like Mont Blanc, but can't seem to find a picture of an interior with it..  Hoping someone out there can help.  If you have an interior photo of your Oliver with Mont Blanc (grey) countertops, as well as the floor please share.

Any other pictures are welcome.  

Thanks!

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

I would choose upholstery first and then choose the countertop.  When we actually saw the upholstery side by side with counter samples and floor samples in Hohenwald, we changed our minds about some options.  Finally chose black cabinet doors, Samba counters (black) and flannel upholstery (dark grey) and Baron floors.  (Baron has a much more grey vibe overall than Knox.) Sounds like a lot of darkness but in the actual trailer it looked great against the white interior.  Maybe ask someone at the sales office to put together the options you are considering at the sample dinette there and send you a photo.  Wish I had photos but our Oliver won't be ready till the fall. Will settle for this photo of one of the throw pillows I have made to add color. 

IMG_0403.jpeg

• Like 2

"Creativity is the fun of putting together unexpected ideas."  Hazel Edwards

2 minutes ago, Nancy K. said:

I would choose upholstery first and then choose the countertop.  When we actually saw the upholstery side by side with counter samples and floor samples in Hohenwald, we changed our minds about some options.  Finally chose black cabinet doors, Samba counters (black) and flannel upholstery (dark grey) and Baron floors.  (Baron has a much more grey vibe overall than Knox.) Sounds like a lot of darkness but in the actual trailer it looked great against the white interior.  Maybe ask someone at the sales office to put together the options you are considering at the sample dinette there and send you a photo.  Wish I had photos but our Oliver won't be ready till the fall. Will settle for this photo of one of the throw pillows I have made to add color. 

IMG_0403.jpeg

Thanks for the input, @Nancy K.  I was not aware that Oliver had a sample dinette to do these comparisons . . . . . . that's a great idea!  They should also have an online tool where you can insert different choices into a picture to get a general idea of the look achieved - similar to interior design software. 

I really want to choose the counter top before the upholstery since it cannot be changed as easily as cushion colors.  I have an ulterior motive to one day have the cushions recovered in red ultra-leather 😀  The flooring I want to be neutral and not stand out; I'll have rugs covering most of it.  I plan to use our grey bed covers and bright throw pillows which I love - these will go nicely with red Ultraleather!

My thoughts:

Black cabinet doors, for certain

Grey counter tops as opposed to black

Flooring, I'm not sure of - either Baron or Knox

We are going to have the twin mattress option, so cushions will be in the dinette and back cushions for the beds.  I would like the Ultrafabric dinette  cushions (seats and backs) and cloth for the bed back cushions.  

Possible combinations under consideration (Floor, counter top, dinette seat cushions, bed back cushions)

1. Baron, Mont Blanc, Black, Chrome

2. Baron, Mont Blanc, Black, Flannel

3. Knox, Mont Blanc, Black, Chrome

4. Knox, Mont Blanc, Black, Flannel

I hope to use the bed back cushions in the dinette as well as on the beds, giving the option to sometimes turn the dinette into a sofa, since we eat outside a lot.  Has anyone done this?  Are the cushions interchangeable?  Do the back cushions have some sort of attachment?  Bottoms, too? (heavy duty Velcro, perhaps)

I would appreciate photos of any of the above colors, not necessarily in those combinations.  Trying to construct a vision in my mind.

Thanks!

Ray and Susan Huff

Hi Susan, I felt like chrome and Mont Blanc went well together but I was concerned that chrome might show dirt a lot more.   I personally did not feel that Knox coordinated as well with Mont Blanc or Samba because there was quite a bit of warm tan mixed with the grey in the Knox samples.  But I'd love to see the photos that others have.  You can also check out this photo gallery:  https://olivertraveltrailers.com/travel-trailers/legacy-elite-2/photo-gallery/

Edited by Nancy K.

• Moderators

Nancy K., I  love the fabric you chose for the pillow. Reminds me of a vintage barkcloth. Would you mind sharing your source?

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thank you, SeaDawg, I received it as a gift, wish I knew the source!  It's brighter in person than it looks in the photo.   It does look very similar to some fabrics made by Spoonflower so you might try them.

https://www.amazon.com/Spoonflower-Map-Fabric-Adventure-Signature/dp/B07RTZHM95

https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Fabric-Mountains-Adventure-Watercolour/dp/B07RST6GYG

1 hour ago, Nancy K. said:

Hi Susan, I felt like chrome and Mont Blanc went well together but I was concerned that chrome might show dirt a lot more.   I personally did not feel that Knox coordinated as well with Mont Blanc or Samba because there was quite a bit of warm tan mixed with the grey in the Knox samples.  But I'd love to see the photos that others have.  You can also check out this photo gallery:  https://olivertraveltrailers.com/travel-trailers/legacy-elite-2/photo-gallery/

Thanks for the link to the photo gallery.  This helps, though I'm not sure which colors some of the examples represent; I wish they said in the descriptions.

This is Mont Blanc counter top.  Do you think the cushions are Chrome or Flannel?  I like the contrast between the cushions and the table top.  And is the floor Baron or Knox? Is the galley dinette the same interior colors as the rear dining area?  The table looks darker, but it might be the lighting.

Grey decor.jpg

grey dinette.jpg

Grey dinette 2.jpg

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

• Moderators

That's too funny. I was just in the spoonflower site looking for it. 😄

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

It might be two different colors of cushions or as you said the lighting could be different.    The dinette photo to me looks darker than Mont Blanc did in person.   So I'm not much help here. The floor in the dinette picture looks lie Baron to me,

Edited by Nancy K.
  • Thanks 1

Finally found a picture that I took in the Oliver showroom where they have a little dinette setup for you to mix and match options.  This is not what we eventually chose, but it shows Mont Blanc counter and and Flannel cushions together, and I believe it is the Baron floor.  IMG_0368.thumb.jpeg.b7334d2a11dfe1feb87cf2940c1f5f6c.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 10:13 AM, Nancy K. said:

Finally found a picture that I took in the Oliver showroom where they have a little dinette setup for you to mix and match options.  This is not what we eventually chose, but it shows Mont Blanc counter and and Flannel cushions together, and I believe it is the Baron floor.  IMG_0368.thumb.jpeg.b7334d2a11dfe1feb87cf2940c1f5f6c.jpeg

Exactly what I wanted to know.  I love the look of the Baron flooring.  (Please, Oliver, do not discontinue this color!)  I'm thinking of black ultra-leather for the dinette and flannel back cushions for the sleeping area.  Then I could use the Flannel back cushions to configure the dinette as a sofa.  The 4 ultra leather cushions would be the seat of the sofa and Flannel cushions the back. What do you think of that idea?

Ray and Susan Huff

2 minutes ago, Nan said:

Have you checked out what Foy Sperring can make?

I've seen pics of the cutting board and shower floor.  Beautiful work.  

However . . . . . . we have a sawmill, trees, and woodworking equipment in our family . . . . my husband and two adult sons are pretty handy with wood . . . . and  my brother-in-law very talented.  

But first we have to get an Oliver 😄

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff