Onboard Safe

We have a safe in our current RV and use it often.  We like to carry a bit of cash, quarters for showers and laundry & plastic money.  I also store my camera and purse there when we are away and I don't want to take them with us.  The one we have is 6" x 10.8" d x 7.3".  Don't have it handy to tell which is height and width.  It easily fits my camera, which is the biggest item, so might get by with smaller.  The camera is 6.5"d x 5"w  x 3.5"h.

Has anyone installed an RV size safe in the trailer? So as not to give up precious cargo space, I would consider putting it in the pickup in the storage under the rear seat, but for convenience would rather have it in the trailer.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

For the sake of privacy on what might be a personal issue regarding whether you do or do not have a safe on board, you might want to send a PM to ScubaRX in this regard.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Related to the above, many people prefer that certain features of Olivers not be mentioned in public.  

So fyi if someone can't resist mentioning the unmentionable in a reply, one of the moderators will likely unmention said mention.  😉

Edited by Overland
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 6/13/2020 at 7:54 AM, Mainiac said:

I can think of several spots where something of that size could be mounted, depending on method of mounting. Oh never mind, forget I " mentioned" it.

Please share with me in PM

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg