air conditioner drain

Nan

• Moderators

Yes it does Nan.  Look under the back street side corner and there should be a weep hole cover and then the hose.  Mine has about an inch or so protruding out of the hull.  I have never cleaned the drain tube, but you can try very short burst of water from a garden hose into the drain hose from the bottom.  And you can remove the return air filter grate and access the upper portion of the hose as shown in the picture.  FYI, although you can’t see it in the picture, the hose drains to the upper right, behind the big bolt head.80D87235-9CBB-4B4A-887B-8C564F30AB77.thumb.jpeg.78f31652182ec1823f23e0e5a4504b85.jpeg

Mossey

Edited by mossemi
Typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Thank you very much!!  Well for some reason the end of my drain hose is up inside of the opening.  I do not know how long it has been there, but I need to figure out how to get it lowered about 2".  

Nan, didn't the prior owner replace the AC - I would guess the hose was affected during the process .

• Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

I am sorry if my comments are confusing.  The weep hole cover does not have anything to do with the AC drain hose/pipe.  I mentioned it as a location reference point.

If you open the basement door and look at the back wall you should see a white or translucent hose/pipe running vertically about where the inside of the tail light fixture would be.  That is the AC drain and you can pull the floor mat back and may need to remove that section of the floor to see the exit hole.

Mossey

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Thanks.  I just came back from the camper so had not read your last post.  I tried to pull the drain hose out with needle nose pliers and it will not budge.  From the looks of all of the black mold around the drain hose opening I believe it has been stuck up in the Oliver for some time. Right next to the hole there is another hole that is the same size, but it has a piece of cover over 1/2 of it.  What is that for? Next trip I will look in the basement and take it from there.  Thanks again.

Oh and yes, the last owner did replace the Air Conditioner and the Heater.  I have the paperwork. Since I had not used the ac, I did not know about the drain hole.  And the heater did not work because the mother board was burned up because the thermostat was telling it to stay on all of the time..That is what the traveling camper repairman told me.  Who knows?