Electronic key pad

We are deciding which options we "need" on our Elite II.  We want to keep it as simple as possible, but a keyless entry (but also with a key) entry would be handy.  My husband and I sometimes go off in different directions from the campground.  Unless each of us remembers to take a key, one of us is left "homeless".  We do have a keypad entry on our pickup, so a simple solution would be to keep a key in the glove box.

Before saying, "yah or nay" I want to investigate, further.    I downloaded the manual from the Oliver site.  It doesn't state, but I assume the key will override the electronic lock.  Any problems with this?  In the Keep it Simple category, the manuals suggest you remove the keypad batteries when not using the RV for longer periods of time.  Probably a good idea, especially where it is outside and considering we live in a damp climate. 

Keyless entry would be handy - our pickup and SUV have it; our present RV doesn't, but it is another thing to maintain and possibly malfunction.  Please share your experience with this option.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

I love our keypad. Have not removed the batteries in 2 yeas, key unlocks anytime.  never use keys, almost always the keypad - very good item.

• Like 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Do the numerals show wear and collect dirt (grease rings) after using them a lot? I don’t normally like keypad locks such as an outside garage door opener access pad or a security system panel, since the numbers you use for your code become very obvious unless you change them often. How many digits are needed to operate it? How easy is it to reset the code? Can you clean the buttons so they all look the same?

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I've only had our Hull 505 now for 10 months.
I had one situation last fall where the keypad cracked over one of the numbers.

I called for a warranty and the RVlock company sent me a replacement front pad that showed up in 3 days.
I installed it in about <5 minutes.  Pull old pad off, stick new pad on.
They also said that cracked pads don't necessarily stop the system from working as the unit is sealed behind the mylar pad.

The system has worked well ever since, no cracks, no major signs of wear yet.

The lock come with keys, and a battery powered keyfob for opening from your keychain remotely.

95% of the time...we open with the keypad.

CS

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

Our keypad also cracked over one of the numbers. The company is sending us a new pad. The one thing that I don't like is the noise it makes after you press your code, then press lock  or unlock. It is quite loud. I do like the convenience of not having to remember to carry the keys all the time. Paula

• Like 1

David Caswell and Paula Saltmarsh

Hull 509 "The Swallow"

We have the key pad and use it 100% of the time.  We had one issue where the pad was loose. I just glued it on.  For a few days we used it without the numeric pad.   I wanted dry day for the glue. I am glad we have it and like it.  I imagine if the numbers show signs of ware we could just replace the numeric pad.  Yes you can change the 4 digit acess and instructions are in the accessory manual.  We like it.

Regarding the noise, I have heard from several sources that this is true (we don't yet have our Ollie so maybe someone can confirm.): 

All you have to do is press and hold the 1 key for 3 seconds. You will hear a beep and then be able to use the keyless entry on your RV without the annoying beeping.

• Thanks 1

"Creativity is the fun of putting together unexpected ideas."  Hazel Edwards