Anderson Hitch upgrade

dedroll

Just wanted to show everyone the upgrade from Anderson. Cost $100, they say that is their cost and free shipping. Looks pretty good. I will let you know how it works when I give it  test. 0.jpg.f3e4ec16b8323582cdccd4198e7b51b9.jpg

David and Jane Droll,  Pulling Hull #238 with a 2018 Toyota Tundra 

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

The most significant difference is that black collar that you can see in dedroll's picture above.  This collar keeps rain and dirt out of the area between the outside housing and the hitch ball/anti-sway material on the inside.  It also keeps this anti-sway material from trying to rise out of the housing.  Both of these (the rain/dirt and the rising material) can and did cause these units to develop noise that was fairly annoying.

Other than that, there is no real practical difference in the way they work or perform.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Interestingly, when they first announced the new and improved version, they kept the older images on their website for quite a while, with no mention of the changes. I hope that it was because their web support team was slow to change them, but the cynical side of me says maybe Andersen wanted to sell off the remaining old stock. I doubt that they recalled all the inventory from their many online resellers.

The new one is a much better design than the original , I do recommend removing the collar screws and adding some silver antiseize compound to the threads.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.