What would you change?

Mrfleck

2 hours ago, Susan Huff said:

Will 30# tanks fit in the LP storage space when the Halo spacers are used?

My Mopeka Tank Check Sensors came with Spacers to lift it so that the sensors did not get crushed by the propane tank. 2123301863_ScreenShot2020-07-17at4_07_59PM.thumb.png.316a2f24f1ca3a83c0f048e997723726.png

I found that the rims on the 30 lb tanks that came with my Ollie had sufficient space under them such that the spacers were not needed. Based on that, the Halos would certainly not be needed. 

Edited by DavidS
  • Thanks 1

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

3 hours ago, Susan Huff said:

No problem height wise. They will keep the tanks centered fore and aft in the tray however, so there is no adjustment for error. In my case, I had to relocate the tray assembly forward because the tanks were rubbing against the edge of the fiberglass enclosure. This wouldn't have been a problem with 20# tanks.

8DB5D102-A3A1-4F82-9463-BCD8AF36EF2B.jpeg

2C255105-43D1-47D5-A37B-B39694A8A49E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

From a 2008 Elite I  perspective,  there's not much that I would change. 

I would love to add lithium batteries. And, probably will when the agms/upgrade die.

The newer Elite I  /shorty has the furnace under the dinette seat, and that's a really good thing.  The noise of the fan kicking on is no longer at my knees. 

We've already changed what bugged us, or are in the process of doing so. 200 watts of solar (added 9/2008) will become 400. Added a port for portable solar. Added a 12v danfoss/secop fridge, and got rid of the 3way fridge. (That's more me, than others. I really like 12v life. Not everyone does.)

We rarely have power, but the few times we've run the Dometic a/c, its it's been ridiculously loud. Not a huge problem for us, as we rarely use it, but when I  replace it , it will be with something 12v,  and quieter .

That's about it for me. 

Maybe I should start a new thread in the best things we have loved, over 13 camping seasons in our Ollie?

Sherry 

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

6 hours ago, Susan Huff said:

Yes, they only add ~1/4 inch if height, the tank fits into a lip on the halo and just enough added height to prevent the tank from resting on the pretty thin sensor. 

• Like 2

Between Olivers…

• Moderators
12 hours ago, KWRJRPE said:

The digital Oliver service manuals and Oliver "how-to" videos (Oliver library) are great, but, can only be viewed with internet connectivity to the outside world.  Put onto a DVD, especially the "how-to" videos, and provide with Oliver purchase.  For existing owners, I would buy a DVD. I believe the DVD player and television work on battery power?

I have downloaded all of the files relating to my model year to my iPad from the Oliver University for use whenever needed.  You can also download videos from the YouTube app for later use.

Mossey

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”