Midnight Trips to the bathroom

mountainborn

• Moderators

This thread might well be named "JUST HOW COLD CAN THAT SEAT GET ANYHOW ? " It's not so noticeable in the Summer. But, the Winter, now, that's a different thing.

That little heater purring quietly under the small dinnette, can keep the interior quite comfy in even in pretty adverse weather. But that bathroom door just naturally wants to swing shut, and that magnetic seal closes the door all the way. When that happens, the bathroom is totaly unheated, and the plastic seat becomes a medeival torture device !

Betty and I have placed a small trash can in front of the door as a door stop to keep it from closing, but have tripped over it, and it doesn't keep the door all the way open. We just have never had a good solution for the cold seat bathroom door problem. Until, we stopped by the SCUBARX's, in Tupelo, MS.. We were in their Ollie looking at some mods, when he opened the bathroom door and I heard a click. He turned the door loose and it stayed wide open !

Interupting the flow of conversation, I went into a Q&A on how he had made it happen. Here is a look at the Scubarx door solution: ( his looks better )

th_100_0074.jpg

>

Another look:

>

th_100_0073.jpg

>

Since still photos might not give a good look at how it works, I will upload a video at the first opportunity.

Thanks Steve and Tali ! For your hospitality and this great idea !

• Like 1

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Brilliant!

My quick and simple solution has been turning the lock to the locked position when shutting the door, which keeps it cracked open and still out of the way. It at least gives the bathroom some warmth overnight to make it a little less torturous. And it's also helping us train the kitten to open & close the bathroom door (as we eventually want to keep the litterbox in there).

• Like 1

• Moderators

Way to go Karen ! You know, Tom, I think you are right about the badly under rated and often maligned bungie cord, not to be confused with the true work horse of many Industrys, the tarp strap. 8-)

Have you got any other handy uses for those wonderful camper's aid, the bungie cord ?

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Hmmm.. bungee cords. We might be needing to start utilizing those to keep the kitten out of the cabinets. She has figured out how to hop up, open and crawl through them.

3189848125_0a77a50287_m.jpg

Ok, it is kinda cute :)

Another we use bungee cords is on our swing arm for the computer monitor / tv (which won't apply to folks who opt not to upgrade the standard TV). We use a bungee to keep it in place during transit.

- Cherie

• Moderators

Isn't that a cute photo? I'll bet she has a blast in the kitty maze...

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderator+

Tali says we got those particular suction hooks at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Are you coming to the Jugfest? I may have a extra or I can get some before we come if anyone would like to try it for yourself.

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

We love it but Geri asked the other nite if I thought PhunnyPharm was lonesome.... We had so many good memories and am hoping PP goes to a good home!! The new trailer will probably be "MotherShip". These 5th wheel folks don't name their trailers and some are pretty snooty but we have so many great "egg" friends that we thought it might be appropriate!