My biggest dislike on the Oliver

Trainman

Well to date my biggest dislike is where the fresh water tank drain valve is located. It's just in a very not convenient place to get to, I have to raise the mattress, take off the door, and reach down on my hands and knees to open it, close the same procedure. If that round excess door they put there was for that use, then you would have to bend your arm backwards to use it. I guess I could install a small excess door like the one in the bathroom located about the valve. My other trailer had this valve located outside, but being an all weather trailer this wouldn't work out too well for the Oliver. Anyone came up with other ideas that work better for them. 

trainman 

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

You could always convert that valve to a 12v valve and add a switch.  ScubaRx did that for the Boondocking port.

Mossemi

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

On my trailer the small round hatch is for the Suburban hot water heater bypass valve, I can’t reach the fresh drain through that hole because the big air duct is in the way. Another round hole a foot forward would give access, but it doesn’t bother me to rotate the mattress 90 degrees to go in through the top.  I rarely drain the tank - I tow with it full - and when I do, I am often operating other valves and inspecting for leaks....

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

If you've got the Truma, then you can open the Truma drain and turn the pump on.  It will drain the fresh tank in no time.

You could do the same with any faucet, but it would take longer.

Edited by Overland
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Overland said:

If you've got the Truma, then you can open the Truma drain and turn the pump on.  It will drain the fresh tank in no time.

You could do the same with any faucet, but it would take longer.

For those without the Truma, what about the outdoor shower?  Slow, as well, I suppose.

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

I am usually at home when I drain my freshwater tank and I just let it run on my ground which can always use the water.  And for me it is simple to flip the bed on edge and lift off the hatch lid which I then use to prop up the bed at 90°.  And as JD mentioned, it’s a good time for a visual inspection of the water pump and valves.

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”