Screen Shelter

dougi

I've been thinking about a screen shelter to take with us when we go camping in the Oliver. I bet some of you have such a shelter and perhaps you could recommend one you like.

I think they would make staying outdoors more comfortable by keeping the insects at bay and shielding the wind and light rain. I found this one and it looks good to me.

http://www.sunnysports.com/prod/ERKTBW. ... 27316842-2

Any advice from some of you who have already used a screen shelter?

• Moderators

We have tried several types over the years. I guess the main things are, will it fit over most standard USFS or USCOE picnic tables, and can one person set it up quickly.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderator+

Tali and I bought a First-Up from Wal-Mart last summer. We got the screen sides (extra) to go with it. We also bought a set of rope lights to go around the inside top. We only paid $82.00 for it. They seem to have gone up since them. Best price I've seen since is $93.00. It has worked out well for us....

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... gMethod=rr

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

It comes with a wind wall..... and I have 2 other wind walls from my show tent when I used to do street art shows/fairs..... but to me just the fact that it protects from mosquitoes and no-see-um's is more important than prying eyes! We will use ours over the picnic table at our camping job in NM this summer!