Paper Towel Hack

DavidS

We usually cook and eat outside, and we often have the need for paper towels outside. Our simple solution is to hang the paper towels outside using a cord and two suction cups. With a longer cord, we have also placed one suction cup on the tow vehicle and one on the trailer to create a clothesline. 

2020-07-07-175003Canon.thumb.jpg.3ff9762bf6cfa014d8a294a8cfc2a226.jpg

2020-07-07-175114Canon.thumb.jpg.be372a7a184a84c3aebe57dac02bb43e.jpg 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 7

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

• Moderators

Thanks David, great suggestion and the photography is top notch as usual.  I am just glad you didn’t clutter up the paper towel holder with one of your world famous Utah landscape photos.

😉😉😉

Mossey

• Haha 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

1 hour ago, mossemi said:

I am just glad you didn’t clutter up the paper towel holder with one of your world famous Utah landscape photos.

Since you brought it up, we are camped at Wasatch Mountain State Park, and this is their golf course. 

2020-07-09-100205Canon-Edit-Edit.thumb.jpg.5716a83b18c4ab9c95999b1df37563a3.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Dang, that doesn’t even look real, it looks make believe!  I don’t know Utah very well, but is that Southeast of Park City?  We were visiting friends in Park City before the Olympics and may have driven past.  Seems like there are caves nearby, but maybe I’m still living a dream.  And maybe something to do with Robert Redford.

Mossey

1 hour ago, mossemi said:

I don’t know Utah very well, but is that Southeast of Park City?  We were visiting friends in Park City before the Olympics and may have driven past.  Seems like there are caves nearby, but maybe I’m still living a dream.  And maybe something to do with Robert Redford.

Mossey, you have a good memory for the geography. Wasatch Mountain State Park is about 10 miles due south of Park City. If you head southwest on US-189, you travel down the Provo River Canyon, and if you take the UT-192 "Alpine Loop Road" you go past Sundance Ski Resort, founded by Robert Redford, and then Timpanogos Caves National Monument

One of the nicest destinations close to Wasatch Mountain State Park is Soldier Hollow, which was the venue for Biathlon at the 2002 Winter Olympics. It is a good place for cross country skiing in winter, imagining yourself as an Olympic athlete. It is also the venue for the Soldier Hollow Classic, an International Sheepdog Trial, every year on Labor Day weekend. Cancelled this year, unfortunately, due to covid-19. If you have never seen a Sheepdog Trial, I highly recommend it. Really fascinating. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Moderators

David, thank you for the complement. After you named Timpanogos Cave, I had to figure out when Krunch and I had been there.  So I consulted one of our National Parks Passport books and it was on August 8th 1996.

Dogs are the main reason I wanted a travel trailer.  We travel with two Border Terriers and I am an AKC Earthdog judge.  So I have watched nearly every type performance dog sport there is.  And watching sheepdogs herding is a rare pleasure for me.  The communication between dog and handler is simply amazing.

For me, no dog is a stranger, but I have also been bitten by 6 different dogs and it was never their fault.  Sometimes I’m a little too friendly or helpful in trying to rescue dogs in what I perceived was dangerous situation, usually involving traffic and I paid the price with a trip to the emergency room for stitches.

Oh well, sorry for rambling and thanks again for stirring up the memories.

Mossey

• Like 3