Good little kitchen trash

Kgeb

Cool, where did you find it? Does the drawer close completely?

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I bought this online. So sorry I cannot remember where, but it is out there. Yes the drawer closes completely does not lock in place though.

When cooking I put kitchen scraps in this then transfer to larger trash receptical.  Very handy and out of the way.  I fold it up and put it away until next meal

Braoses Hanging Trash Can for Kitchen Cabinet Door, Small Collapsible Foldable Waste Bins, Hanging Trash Holder for Bathroom Bedroom Office Car, Portable Home & Outdoor Garbage Can - 2.4 Gallon

Is on amazon with that title, comes in 2 sizes.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

I like that it is also free-standing so you could use it multiple places.  Would be handy in the home kitchen too.

Does it have a lid?

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

Susan Huff, this little hanging trash can from IKEA has a lid. Stainless and plastic insert. Doesn't fold or collapse, but it hangs on the wall, or sits on the floor.

I think it might be the right size for behind my toilet in the Oliver. I have at least 6 inches unused space between the open toilet lid and the back wall. 8.5 x 5.25 x 11 should fit.  

I'll look at it next time I'm at IKEA. I think I should be able to hang it on a few command hooks.

Screenshot_20200715-194415_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200715-194401_Chrome.jpg

Edited by SeaDawg
Add photo
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:50 PM, SeaDawg said:

Susan Huff, this little hanging trash can from IKEA has a lid. Stainless and plastic insert. Doesn't fold or collapse, but it hangs on the wall, or sits on the floor.

I think it might be the right size for behind my toilet in the Oliver. I have at least 6 inches unused space between the open toilet lid and the back wall. 8.5 x 5.25 x 11 should fit.  

I'll look at it next time I'm at IKEA. I think I should be able to hang it on a few command hooks.

Screenshot_20200715-194415_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200715-194401_Chrome.jpg

II just love Ikea!  I could definitely live in a tiny home . . . . . . if I didn't have a husband 😉

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I find the trash bag/can/etc. to always be in the way where ever you put it. Sticking out like the one pictured would not work too well for me, it would just be in the way and bumping into it every time I passed by it. 

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

We use a pretty big trash can from Simple Human, but it stays tucked under the dinette. And since we don’t use the dinette for eating, it’s never been in the way. If I were to ever do anything with the dinette area to convert it to counter space and storage, I’d try to add a dedicated spot for a trash can there. 

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

We have a low tech solution to this trashy question. We use "13 gallon tall kitchen drawstring trash bags." Oliver installed a strong stainless hook opposite the closet, and we hang the trash bag from the hook using the drawstring. The trash is only marginally in the way going in or out of the trailer. 

• Like 2

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

• Moderator+

We hang one of the ubiquitous Walmart bags on the latch of the closet. As David said, it's "...only marginally in the way going in or out..." And, the dogs have never bothered it when they are alone in the trailer.

We use the dinette constantly, eating or working during the day or evening, made down into Reacher's bed at night so anything under it is in the way.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators
6 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

We hang one of the ubiquitous Walmart bags on the latch of the closet. As David said, it's "...only marginally in the way going in or out..." And, the dogs have never bothered it when they are alone in the trailer.

We developed a deluxe version of this.... I put a command hook just below the closet latch toward the middle of the door.  We also hang a walmart or supermarket bag.  It’s not in the way and gets replace almost daily.

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I hang a 13 gallon white drawstring bag from a Command Hook in the bathroom, it is under the shower head high enough for the empty bag to just brush the floor. As it fills the weight shifts to the floor, not the hook. Neither of us uses the sink or the dinky mirror in there, so that corner location is always out of the way. The bag gets tossed every two or three days. Obviously it comes out if someone takes a shower.... 😉

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

Well, I will throw my two cents into the mix. I have the following item. It is in the closet positioned above the black pipe, on the left. As some of have noted, the suction cups may not last forever. And, these have not. I now hang the 'holder' from 2 Command hooks. The 'holder' is removable from the suction cups. Above this holder, I have a hanging bag hanging from a suction cup hook; a Command hook is at the ready for when the suction cup hook decides to give up the ghost. 

Hum ~~~ just now noting that both of the items are 'currently unavailable'. 

image.thumb.png.e0ff876c06825b0bc17d8a48b13dcacb.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QV55Z44/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.thumb.png.215054680723caf8102b54e4ec28fcec.png

SGC & GRC

Hull 224 [2017]

2017 GMC Sierra HD Crew Cab Diesel

ALARDEFLGAINLAMEMDMNMSMOMTNJNCNDOHPASCSD   Map of Provinces I Visitedimage.png.f8ebba1142570e619cdfe801998f4b4d.png