Shopping for Insurance

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Paul started looking for insurance today in anticipation of picking up our new Oliver soon. We checked Geico and Good Sam so far. I realize geographics make a difference, (Florida is usually pretty high), but wondered if any of you have recommendations. Thanks. Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Sherry, we just added our Oliver to our existing policy. Since we have a small farm, we have insurance with the Arkansas Farm Bureau. Every time I compare prices I discover that they, ( a co-operative ), are very hard to beat. We live in tornado alley so we understand about high insurance rates. :cry:

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Thanks for the input, MountainBorn. We decided on the Good Sam insurance (actually GMAC under their group.) It was reasonable compared to the others we checked, and customer service reps were friendly and responsive.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 7 months later...
  • Moderators

We got a mailer today from Camping World regarding GMAC RV insurance ..... Which, by the way, we already had....

The Camping World/GMAC policy offers replacement of your trailer in the first five years (not a check for replacement cost, but replacement with a new trailer of same make and model, equipment, etc.), and purchase price (less your deductible, but not depreciated) if you opt for a check instead of trailer replacement. I checked the many pages of our policy to find we had the same clauses (and we do)... nice security, and pretty reasonable cost. We got our policy through Good Sams.

Just an FYI... not an endorsement. I don't work for any of them....

GMAC, according to the CW mailer, also offers higher limits on personal property and liability for full-timers.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4