March Delivery – “Starshine” Elite II

Starshine

So happy to join the Oliver family. We chose Oliver for its clean contemporary look, solid structure and great reviews. My husband, Vincent, and I for months have been searching for a perfect “get away” camper. Originally, we were looking at class B vans and Airstreams. We visited sites and viewed videos on You Tube. It was a positive Oliver comment on an Airstream forum that caught our attention. After reading many posts on this forum, watching Oliver You Tubes and visiting a beautiful Elite II, we finalized the deal this month.

Our build date is in December followed by a delivery date in March when the weather may be more cooperative for a ride home to New Jersey. The floor plan on our Elite II will be standard to help accommodate our two boxers, Sarge and Chase, who on occasions may be accompanying us.

Looking forward to meeting other adventurous campers. Although our Oliver (Starshine) will be used now for cross country family visits and vacation trips, our intentions are to have it for longer adventures after retirement.

Audrey & Vincent

• Like 3

Thanks! My husband and I love the song, "Good Morning Sunshine". The association was made when we saw the name. It has such positive connections. However, finding a logo is problematic. Neither one of us are artist but both are perfectionist.

Audrey

• Moderators

The dog silhouette is of a Border Terrier.  And the back story is that my wife was not in favor of any kind of RV and we have two Border's.  All of which put me in "the dog house".  I also struggled with the logo artwork.  I have seen lots of BT silhouettes through my association with the breed, but never one I liked well enough.  I found this artwork on the Etsy website and the artist was in England.  I do not support the idea of borrowing others art, music, video or ideas without compensation, so I sent him an email explaining what I wanted and ask if he would make it for me.  Being the patient guy that I am , I waited for a month and then sent another email.  Still no response after the second month.  So I tried a different approach and bought a small 8"x10" poster and added a note asking him to make one for me or give me his permission to reproduce his art for my caravan.  He then responded and apologized for not responding to my emails and gave his permission to do what I wanted as he was too busy for custom work. So my suggestion is to keep searching and I’m sure you will find the Starshine to fulfill your desires.  After all, the world is full of very talented people and being a perfectionist only applies to things you do and the things I do, are my problem.

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

Welcome, and I  love the name, too. Truly perfect name. A song by Oliver, for an Oliver.

Thinking the Hair logo wouldn't work. How about this? Free download,  and you could customize with a modern font. 

Screenshot_20200714-171350_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

4 hours ago, mossemi said:

The dog silhouette is of a Border Terrier.  And the back story is that my wife was not in favor of any kind of RV and we have two Border's.  All of which put me in "the dog house".  I also struggled with the logo artwork.  I have seen lots of BT silhouettes through my association with the breed, but never one I liked well enough.  I found this artwork on the Etsy website and the artist was in England.  I do not support the idea of borrowing others art, music, video or ideas without compensation, so I sent him an email explaining what I wanted and ask if he would make it for me.  Being the patient guy that I am , I waited for a month and then sent another email.  Still no response after the second month.  So I tried a different approach and bought a small 8"x10" poster and added a note asking him to make one for me or give me his permission to reproduce his art for my caravan.  He then responded and apologized for not responding to my emails and gave his permission to do what I wanted as he was too busy for custom work. So my suggestion is to keep searching and I’m sure you will find the Starshine to fulfill your desires.  After all, the world is full of very talented people and being a perfectionist only applies to things you do and the things I do, are my problem.

Mossey

In the past I have had a  Wire Hair Terrier as well as two Lake Land Terriers. I have always wanted a Border Terrier. I've heard they are extremely bright like most terriers and less hyper. Plus their coat is easier to groom. I do miss my little fox hunters but am happy to have adopted Boxers. Thank you for your information and a trip down memory lane.

Audrey

5 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Welcome, and I  love the name, too. Truly perfect name. A song by Oliver, for an Oliver.

Thinking the Hair logo wouldn't work. How about this? Free download,  and you could customize with a modern font. 

Screenshot_20200714-171350_Chrome.jpg

Thank you SeaDawg. I do like the star and Maniac's idea of it leading the way. This will give me a starting point.

Audrey

3 hours ago, Mainiac said:

Welcome from Maine.

I can see a Star, with light days coming off it, as your logo. It would light your way as you travel.

Great ideas from SeaDawg and you. Can't wait to play around with the image. 

Audrey