Refrigerator fan switch / Max fan

Parts list

https://www.airxcel.com/docs/default-source/maxxair/fans/maxxfan-deluxe/r-619d_maxxfan-deluxe-xp-08-2017.pdf?sfvrsn=1cc016b_6

Looks like e-trailer has the lift arm

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Maxxair/MA10-20222KS.html

If you have an older fan you might consider replacing the whole unit.

I have hull 313. It doesn’t have a switch for the refrigerator fan. You must have an earlier hull. Maybe someone with the switch will answer. 

Edited by Townesw
  • Thanks 1

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

The fridge switch turns on a small cooling fan (above the upper coils, added by Oliver) to help circulation through the coils. You should consider turning it on if it is stinky hot outside and/ or no breeze. Later fridges have a pre-installed fan, but it is buried deep between the two sets of coils and it has a temp switch that turns it on automatically. I unplugged power to my fan because it was squealing late into the night and I could not switch it off. I haven’t noticed any cooling issues.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 6:51 PM, John E Davies said:

The fridge switch turns on a small cooling fan (above the upper coils, added by Oliver) to help circulation through the coils. You should consider turning it on if it is stinky hot outside and/ or no breeze. Later fridges have a pre-installed fan, but it is buried deep between the two sets of coils and it has a temp switch that turns it on automatically. I unplugged power to my fan because it was squealing late into the night and I could not switch it off. I haven’t noticed any cooling issues.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Does anyone know if the Norcold fridge now being used by Oliver has a dedicated fan switch?

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

10 minutes ago, AndrewK said:

Susan,

On our 2019 is does not have a switch.  It uses a thermostat to turn it on and off and it works well.

2020's use the same refrigerator.

Andrew

Norcold?

Ray and Susan Huff

2 hours ago, AndrewK said:

Yes, the 4.5 cubic foot Norcold.

Andrew

I'm excited about the Norcold fridge.  Our current Dometic RMD8555 fridge performance is marginal, at best.  Although the Norcold is smaller (4.5 vs. 6.7 cuft) I will be happy to have one that actually cools.  The Dometic interior is very poorly designed for efficient storage.  With the Norcold's smaller freezer compartment, the fridge section will probably old close to the same amount of food. 😄

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff