2020 Oliver Rally Canceled

MDuncan

• Administrators

It is with sadness, regret, and concern for the health of Oliver owners that we announce the 2020 Oliver Rally will be cancelled.

We have been tracking the COVID-19 virus status and currently most all states in the Southeast are rated in the Red Zone. We have been monitoring the State of Alabama Department of Health COVID-19 website for periodic updates. Alabama remains High Risk according to the Alabama Department of Public Health. Unfortunately, many Oliver Trailer owners would be required to travel through numerous states that are at a higher risk level in several parts of the US. Our primary concern is for you, our customer, our friends, and all that enjoy camping in the great outdoors.

Details on the 2021 Oliver Rally will be announced later in the year.

All rally registration fees will be refunded within 3-5 business days.

If you have made reservations at Lake Guntersville State Park for the September 2020 Rally, click the link below to indicate if you would like to cancel your reservation or keep them and attend on your own. We will notify the campground on your behalf and they will issue refunds to all canceled reservations.

Update Fall Campground Reservations

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Moderators

Thanks, Matt. I totally understand.  It will be a big disappointment for many, but it's the safest course.

Thanks for the early notice.

Sherry

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Thanks for the heads up, Matt.  Disappointed but not surprised.  We’re going to keep our reservations and enjoy a quiet weekend hopefully seeing some Oliver friends who also will still go camping that weekend at Lake Guntersville. Mike

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

Thanks for the heads up, Matt.  Disappointed but not surprised.  We’re going to keep our reservations and enjoy a quiet weekend hopefully seeing some Oliver friends who also will still go camping that weekend at Lake Guntersville. Mike

That means Krunch and I will be camping with you.  I believe I have a piece of hardware you are interested in.  And I believe Duke and Chris of ShallowGal fame will be there as well.

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, mossemi said:

That means Krunch and I will be camping with you.  I believe I have a piece of hardware you are interested in.  And I believe Duke and Chris of ShallowGal fame will be there as well.

Mossey

Mike, yes, indeed, we will make a transfer of that piece of hardware.  I know of several others that will still go, so we can have an informal Oliver gathering.  Safely, of course!  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Matt,

Thank you, and we completely understand and support Oliver’s decision and concern for everyone’s safety and health. We are planning to keep our reservations at Lake Guntersville at least for now. We’ll see.

Everyone Stay healthy and Stay Safe!

Edited by Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Meeting Ollie owners is the best part of an Oliver rally, and I can understand why people going to Lake Guntersville still want to connect with each other.

I want to remind people that the pandemic is serious and It is best to exercise appropriate cautions. It would be good to wear masks when talking to people, especially when visiting inside a trailer. Reasonable actions concerning shared food activities can improve safety. Disinfect surfaces. No finger foods or shared appetizer bowls. Serving utensils can transmit virus via hands, so each family group should bring their own serving utensils to food events. Alternatively, social interactions could happen without shared food, in the interest of safety.

Of course anyone with symptoms would not attend the rally, but with a group this size the odds are significant of having at least one asymptomatic person capable of transmitting the virus. We don’t want this to be a Superspreader event, where people from diverse locales are brought together and then return to spread the virus through their home communities and family groups.

Stay safe.

Edited by DavidS
  • Like 6

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

We plan to attend, D10, unless things get worse before this gathering 

• Like 1

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

I will certainly be glad when we are over this ordeal . . . .  it has taken so much from our lives, especially where family is concerned.  

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Joy and I are trying to be optimistic and have not cancelled our reservation at Guntersville . It would be great if we could safely meet other Oliver owners but admittedly we are in a very difficult time. Of all places, we are coming from Florida, but I assure you we are being careful to a fault. Hopefully the stars will line up, we can meet informally and have a good time. 

Stay safe out there,

Renegade

• Like 3

• Moderator+

We have not been outside of Tupelo since returning from Quartzsite and California in late January. We've not been inside a restaurant. We have not been inside anyone's home including our children/grandchildren's. No one has been inside our home. We have taken the pandemic very seriously but we will be attending the gathering at Lake Guntersville in September. just like ourselves, I know anyone planning to attend will have thought long and hard about that decision. We plan on using good common sense and all appropriate precautions will be taken including masks and distancing. I think that most everyone is thinking along these same lines and I believe we can all have a good and safe experience.

• Like 4

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator+
24 minutes ago, beaker said:

This will be our first Rally and only our third trip in our Ollie. We’ve kept our reservations and hope to (safely) meet some fellow Ollie owners. 

We'll look forward to meeting you.

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

We are keeping our reservations for now, hopefully we can have a signup sheet just to get some idea who is coming. Someone talked about a POLL, this might work here.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

For those of you that will be keeping their camping reservations, would you mind sharing which spot you will be in.  It is quite a large campground from what I understand and it would be nice if we could all be relatively close (if possible).  We will be on E-12, but would gladly move to another spot if it it is available and closer to the majority of our fellow Ollie Owners.

-beaker

Lake_Guntersville_Site_Map.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Unfortunately, I still can not be there due to a previously arranged trip to the beach that conflictsfor those dates.  Everyone have a good time!  Doesn't alcohol kill the virus?

Bill

• Sad 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the cancelled Oliver Rally is only a few days away, i’m curious how many Ollie owners are still planning camp at Guntersville SP?  We will be there Fri around noon and depart Sometime Sun am.  Looking forward to meeting those who decide to camp. 

• Like 1