Side Dinette Sleeping?

Popcorn-Billy

Hello,

Can a full size adult reasonably sleep on the side dinette or is it basically a child’s bed? Also, how large are the twin beds, if I order the extended twin option with larger under-bed storage?

Edited by Popcorn-Billy
Typo

Best regards,

Bill

• Moderators

Elite, or Elite II?

Side dinette on our 2008 Elite I is 25 inches wide,  a little over 6 ft long. Not really a great bed for a larger adult. Fine for a child or small adult.

And, our dog really loves it!

I don't know measurements on the bigger Elite II.

Sherry

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

9 minutes ago, Nancy K. said:

Oliver no longer makes the twin beds with storage underneath to my knowledge.  But there are lots of other storage areas.

21 minutes ago, mossemi said:

Overland,
I see Billy reacted to the 2016 LE2 Jhow has for sale which has the riser package.

Mossey

I would be concerned about headroom while lounging on the twin bed in a sitting position.  Is there enough clearance to not bump your head on the overhead compartments?

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Susan Huff said:

I would be concerned about headroom while lounging on the twin bed in a sitting position.  Is there enough clearance to not bump your head on the overhead compartments?

Also, higher height of seat can leave short people like me dangling legs like Edith Ann on Laugh in.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 5 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 6:47 PM, Overland said:

Bill, this might help you out - https://olivertraveltrailers.com/oliver-university/

Scroll down until you find the measurement index - that will give you all the dimensions you’ll ever want.

Is Oliver doing the twin bed risers (storage) again?  I thought that they’d discontinued that option. 

Is there a measurement index for the ELITE I?  I can’t seem to locate one.  

Carl

• Like 1

2021 Legacy Elite I | "Lil' Tow" | Hull #924

Tow Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

• Moderators

I didn't find one, either. 

If you need some measurements,  I  can try to help. I don't think they've done many changes to the Elite hull over the years.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

I’m looking for the dimensions of the upper cabinets and the drawers. I would like to plan a storage system for the Elite. Please don’t spend too much time on measurements. I was hoping for a simple solution. 

carl

2021 Legacy Elite I | "Lil' Tow" | Hull #924

Tow Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

• Moderators

I think I posted those crude measurements for someone else, a few months ago. I'll look, before I go measure again. 

My recommendation has always been IKEA Skubb dividers, and packing cubes.

We keep the big dinette made up as a bed,  full time, which gives us room for three (important) crates for extra bedding, coats, and clothing, under the bed. 

No quite sure where the table leg is for the big dinette table, as we haven't used it in ten years. 

Sherry 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

The drawer system is indeed something that has changed, in the kitchen, as the furnace has been wisely moved out of the kitchen. 

Hopefully,  someone with a newer Elite will read this and post. 

Sherry 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

I'd also add that the upper cabinets are the most difficult to plan for - since the back wall is curved, knowing just the length and height may lead you to assume that something will fit when it won't.  I made quite a few trips out to the trailer when we were looking for storage ideas, measuring depth and height to see if things would fit.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Carl, here you go. These are pretty rough and quick, and dimensions may be slightly different in a newer Elite, but this will give you an idea. Btw, your cabinet doors, of course, are different (drop-down doors instead of sliders), so openings may be larger for you, too.

I do think Oliver should post dimensions of the new gen Oliver Elite.

I really like the Skubb dividers from ikea. I  use them at home, too. And, color-coded packing cubes for clothes keep our stuff organized, while taking advantage of the odd shaped spaces of the cabinets.

Edited by SeaDawg
Typo
  • Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

20 hours ago, Overland said:

I'd also add that the upper cabinets are the most difficult to plan for - since the back wall is curved, knowing just the length and height may lead you to assume that something will fit when it won't.  I made quite a few trips out to the trailer when we were looking for storage ideas, measuring depth and height to see if things would fit.

This is true . . . . takes some creative planning.  Nevertheless, I'm impressed with the storage in our Elite II.

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)