Joining the family soon!

NCeagle

Hello to all from Chapel Hill, North Carolina!  My wife, Anita and I have just sent in our 2nd payment for an Elite II.  If all goes well we will be making a trip to Hohenwald in mid-November to pick her up!  We have camped off and on over the years, but always in a tent, so this is really going to be a huge step up for us.  We've always had a plan to treat ourselves to a travel trailer one day and enjoy seeing North America from the ground up, so it has been a lot of fun preparing to realize this dream.  I definitely owe everyone that participates in this forum a huge thanks for being so open, honest and helpful.  This is without a doubt one of the most respectable forums I've ever come across - kudos to the moderators!  I think I've read just about everything in this forum since "search" seems to find everything except what I'm actually looking for. 😉  We'll be pulling the Elite II with our trusty 2006 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel, which is barely broken in at 225K miles!  Hope to meet some other Oliver owners in person on the road someday soon!  Best, John

• Like 4

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

• Moderators

Welcome to the group, John and Anita!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Congratulations! I have to wait for May for my Elite I.   I will be getting my TV this year as son gets current one.  Was considering diesel on 150/1500 truck but not sure if I want payload trade off.   What is maintenance like on them?

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

51 minutes ago, TexasGuy said:

Congratulations! I have to wait for May for my Elite I.   I will be getting my TV this year as son gets current one.  Was considering diesel on 150/1500 truck but not sure if I want payload trade off.   What is maintenance like on them?

Hi TexasGuy, the maintenance on my Silverado has been normal (I'm the original owner), and I consider that a win.  Aside from regular maintenance and replacing things that naturally wear out with use, I've only had to replace two "big ticket" items just recently...  the first was the turbo and the second was the transfer case.   What I like most about my diesel engine is that I really do feel it has a lot of life left in it after 225K miles.  Only time will tell.

States Visited Map

35 minutes ago, DCdude said:

Welcome, we have a Nov 11 date so if you are staying at Davy Crockett, we may see you there.

And, an advanced welcome to Tennessee!

Hi DCdude, we pick up on the 18th, so we likely will miss you unless you are stuck at Davey Crockett.  🙂  Thanks for the advanced welcome to TN - never would have guessed you are from there with your call name!

States Visited Map

11 hours ago, NCeagle said:

Hi TexasGuy, the maintenance on my Silverado has been normal (I'm the original owner), and I consider that a win.  Aside from regular maintenance and replacing things that naturally wear out with use, I've only had to replace two "big ticket" items just recently...  the first was the turbo and the second was the transfer case.   What I like most about my diesel engine is that I really do feel it has a lot of life left in it after 225K miles.  Only time will tell.

We have an F350 Super Duty Diesel supercab.  What I really like is how quiet the engine is.  You pull into the pump to fill up and people say, "Is that a diesel?"

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

10 hours ago, WhatDa said:

Congrats!  Off season is our favorite season!

Used to be, here in the Pacific Northwest.  Now, there is no "off season" . . . . . thanks to Covid 😠

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

15 hours ago, NCeagle said:

Hello to all from Chapel Hill, North Carolina!  My wife, Anita and I have just sent in our 2nd payment for an Elite II.  If all goes well we will be making a trip to Hohenwald in mid-November to pick her up!  We have camped off and on over the years, but always in a tent, so this is really going to be a huge step up for us.  We've always had a plan to treat ourselves to a travel trailer one day and enjoy seeing North America from the ground up, so it has been a lot of fun preparing to realize this dream.  I definitely owe everyone that participates in this forum a huge thanks for being so open, honest and helpful.  This is without a doubt one of the most respectable forums I've ever come across - kudos to the moderators!  I think I've read just about everything in this forum since "search" seems to find everything except what I'm actually looking for. 😉  We'll be pulling the Elite II with our trusty 2006 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel, which is barely broken in at 225K miles!  Hope to meet some other Oliver owners in person on the road someday soon!  Best, John

Congratulations!  Going from a tent to an Oliver.  Great that you are beginning your RV life with such a quality trailer.

We've deferred our delivery to early February.  Were hesitant to drive across most of the US in the middle of Winter.  February might still be dicey, but better than waiting for the Midwest tornadoes to start up.

I agree, this is a great group and that says a lot for the Oliver brand!

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff