Ollie in the Wild!

Patriot

6 hours ago, topgun2 said:

What was for dinner?😁

Interesting you should ask. We each caught our limit today on trout here today and we completely filled our Truma freezer. My Bride landed her first big 19” Rainbow, she is a great student and a quick learner! 😊.
A gorgeous day fishing here on the Bull Shoals White River!
It’s a destination CG for sure! A blessed day for sure!

Onward!!!🇺🇸🇺🇸
IMG_0098.thumb.jpeg.4f04fba468863e79ab84f27dd8597ee4.jpegIMG_0096.thumb.jpeg.9e318288ddbd12b396ccf452386fb7bc.jpegIMG_0091.thumb.jpeg.5033d82f8637acafc1347b9e9ac41eb6.jpegIMG_0088.thumb.jpeg.60f3fb5227fd659e157908e169bb68f5.jpegIMG_0095.thumb.jpeg.67d516ccba0aa11654c6225b53168e37.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

15 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Beautiful fish!  Congrats to the Bride.

Many people who fish never catch a trout of that size.🤗

Bill

Thanks, we caught plenty..😊 it’s been an absolutely amazing stay and visit here at Bull Shoals white water SP to say the least. The visitors center is top shelf. 

Onward!!

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 4

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

We are making our way down to Key West. We will be staying at the Navy Base there for the month of December.

On our way down, we stopped at a nice campground in the Chattanooga area and in the crisp autumn evening, I caught these pics.

Cheers,

Brian

IMG_0090.jpeg

IMG_0092.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

We are making our way down to Key West. We will be staying at the Navy Base there for the month of December.

On our way down, we stopped at a nice campground in the Chattanooga area and in the crisp autumn evening, I caught these pics.

Cheers,

Brian

Safe travels Brian. Keep us posted with photos of your adventures! 👍🏻

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Could not have been too "crisp" with the door wide open - 😁

Seriously - nice shots.  Infrared on the first?

Have a safe trip and enjoy the warmth.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

@Brian and Brandelyne:  Enjoy the Keys!  We spent a month there in '18 - scuba diving, standup paddle boarding, and generally having a blast.  Grassy Key was one of our favs - many manatee sightings there.  Suggest taking the time to visit Fort Jefferson on Dry Tortuga - very impressive and a nice boat ride from Key West.  Ah!  Capt. Tony's....

Keep us posted with pix of your Oliver adventure.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

@MAX Burner thank you. We are confirmed for Dry Tortugas 11/30! My wife’s first time in the keys. 
Our first two nights are boondocking at a Church (HH) in Islamorada - have to take her to Robbie’s. 
We have a waterfront sight on Sigsbee Island (Navy) for the month of Dec. 

Should be a good time. 

BL

• Like 6

@Brian and Brandelyne:  You'll both have a trip of a lifetime - before you know it, y'all be "pinch'n tails and suck'n heads"!

• Like 3

spacer.png

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Not a bad place to hang out for a few months.

...oh, please!  Hurt me!  HA!  Enjoy!

• Love 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 5:11 PM, MAX Burner said:

..oh, please!  Hurt me!  HA!  Enjoy!

Decided to move north a little ways.  We are now at Patrick Space Force Base. Scored another waterfront site (river this time) and have already seen a Space-X launch and will have another, larger rocket go up tomorrow night. I will try to get some pictures.

SpaceX Falcon Heavy USSF-52

DEC 10, 2023 08:14 PM LAUNCH COMPLEX 39A • KENNEDY SPACE CENTER

Brian

IMG_0461.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

We are now at Patrick Space Force Base.

Been through Patrick many times back in the day when it was an AFB!  Passed through there during a spring break once - that's a very interesting downwind leg over the beach with all the coeds, if you catch my drift.   Lucky draw on your seaside site at the "space port"...  

Here's a pic from our Key West trip while snagging a sandy waterfront site in Pensacola - perfect for the standup paddle boards:

Screenshot2023-12-09at17_01_58.thumb.png.a4a5bef2a3188e29b3dca21392c7420c.png

• Like 5

spacer.png

1 minute ago, MAX Burner said:

Been through Patrick many times back in the day when it was an AFB!  

When I was active duty, I was on the Joint STARS Test Team at the Northrop-Grumman facility at the Melbourne airport (tough assignment). Patrick AFB kept my personnel and flight/medical records but I worked over at NG.

And, I do know what you mean...lol

Brian

PS - nice pic!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

And, I do know what you mean...lol

Ha!  

OBTW:  We spent a week in P-cola in SEP, we'll always love that place!  We've got many friends that went to NG (Bethpage, NY facility) BITD, FYI.

Enjoy your adventure - very jelly over this way!!!

Cheers!

A & D

• Like 3

spacer.png

• Moderators

Scored another waterfront site (river this time) and have already seen a Space-X launch and will have another, larger rocket go up tomorrow night. I will try to get some pictures.

For anyone who has never been present for one of these launches - it really is something to experience.  Please post those pics - if you can get any.  Its always a thrill.

Bill

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Just now, topgun2 said:

it really is something to experience.

I certainly will. I lived here during the Space Shuttle era and especially liked the night launches, like tomorrow night. I have also seen several other types go up but never a Falcon Heavy!  This is the one that has the thrusters return to the pad! It amazes me every time I see it on video.

BL

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Moderators

I certainly will. I lived here during the Space Shuttle era and especially liked the night launches, like tomorrow night. I have also seen several other types go up but never a Falcon Heavy!  This is the one that has the thrusters return to the pad! It amazes me every time I see it on video.

BL

Me, too! We have come such a long way!

On a clear day, we can see the contrails from parts of the west coast of Florida. 

My husband and I drove over to the east coast to see the last shuttle launch. It was amazing.

Please do post photos!

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.