In Line Waiting

JohnMalecki

First trailer I purchased. currently have a class B Dodge Van RoadTrek. I dont think there is a better built trailer and look forward to 4 season camping, south in winter and US west coast and Canada in summer. Spending a lot of time on You Tube researching additional items to make life easier on the road. Air compressor, tools, water filters, ladder?

I am undecided about a compositing toilet, and more so that particular brand. I am kinda partial to C-Head for its simplicity. Any comments? Also I think I would like small window awnings on street side. What is available after market?

I am a single retired traveler,  base camp will be my farm 1 hour west of Toronto. Used to travel by water on a 36 sail boat. As a result I am familiar with fiberglass, shells, house batteries, water and waste tanks, A/C and heat, 12 volt frig and lighting, propane stoves and heat, etc. Now moving on land but will gravitate to the sea side.

Happy to join this thoughtful wise family and cant wait to take delivery and meet some of you on the road. 

john

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, John.  There have been a number of threads on the forum about toilet alternatives, including one recent one I think about alternative composting toilets. You should be able to find them with a search. There’s also a lot of interest in awning windows but to my knowledge, no one has yet taken the plunge and swapped them out. 

1 hour ago, Overland said:

Welcome aboard, John.  There have been a number of threads on the forum about toilet alternatives, including one recent one I think about alternative composting toilets. You should be able to find them with a search. There’s also a lot of interest in awning windows but to my knowledge, no one has yet taken the plunge and swapped them out. 

I think John is talking about retractable awnings over some of the windows?  This would be nice on the street side, where there is no awning and I'm sure some clever person could figure a way to install one.  The optional street side awning would be an alternative solution, but in addition, an awning over the rear window would be nice, if you spent a lot of time in hot sunny climates.   

When I questioned about awning type windows vs slide windows, someone (maybe Oliver) said the problem was finding them to fit the double hull construction.  

We have had both types of windows.  I like the clean look of the frameless awning windows, but the sliding windows are much easier to open and close.  However, it is nice to be able to have a window open when it is raining, but the maxx air hooded fans will allow for air circulation in that case.  I'm not sure which type gives better ventilation.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg