One Piece at a Time

We are patiently waiting for our 2021 Elite II Twin to be built, with delivery scheduled for early February.

In the meantime . . . . . we are acquiring her, one piece at a time.

In July, on our way to a family camp-out/bike ride in Central Oregon, we stopped in Redmond to pick up some cushions we purchased from a kind Oliver couple who had ordered a set of back cushions for one of their twin beds and found they don't use them enough to pack them around.  Perfect, as I want to be able to convert the dinette into a sofa . . . . . . and the upholstery matches what we're ordering!

Today, the "Big Brown Truck" delivered two pair of bottom sheets custom sized to fit the Oliver twin mattresses . . . . . . one more item to check off the list.

I'm anxious to see what next month brings 📅

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

I made my own sheets from king sheets cut to size, used the measurements from the Oliver University part of the website.  We haven't picked up yet, but hopefully they will work fine!

• Like 1

"Creativity is the fun of putting together unexpected ideas."  Hazel Edwards

On 8/7/2020 at 9:56 PM, Susan Huff said:

We are patiently waiting for our 2021 Elite II Twin to be built, with delivery scheduled for early February.

In July, on our way to a family camp-out/bike ride in Central Oregon, we stopped in Redmond to pick up some cushions we purchased from a kind Oliver couple who had ordered a set of back cushions for one of their twin beds and found they don't use them enough to pack them around.  Perfect, as I want to be able to convert the dinette into a sofa . . . . . . and the upholstery matches what we're ordering!

Today, the "Big Brown Truck" delivered two pair of bottom sheets custom sized to fit the Oliver twin mattresses . . . . . . one more item to check off the list.

Susan, I'm a neat freak and very picky on how I do things. On our Casita I ordered many things in advance and all worked out pretty good, but on our Oliver I made list of things that I wanted to do and add to our trailer and my wife did the same with her interior list. When we got home with our Oliver I had already planed to spend two weeks on the trailer as far as upgrades, etc., so I did wait and placed some orders on Amazon, etc. Glad we waited, because after spending five nights camping on the way home we changed our ideas on something as we all do. 

trainman

• Like 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

9 minutes ago, Trainman said:

Susan, I'm a neat freak and very picky on how I do things. On our Casita I ordered many things in advance and all worked out pretty good, but on our Oliver I made list of things that I wanted to do and add to our trailer and my wife did the same with her interior list. When we got home with our Oliver I had already planed to spend two weeks on the trailer as far as upgrades, etc., so I did wait and placed some orders on Amazon, etc. Glad we waited, because after spending five nights camping on the way home we changed our ideas on something as we all do. 

trainman

I totally agree.  It was hard, while waiting for our motor home delivery, to not buy a lot of accessories.  I am sure a lot of the things we already have will transfer to the Oliver and some will be repurposed.  Storage accessories and convenience items will wait until we've spent some time getting acquainted with our new trailer.  The items we buy now are things we know we will need.   I'm already filling a tote (or two) with essentials we will need for the long trek home from Hohenwald; Yes, it takes some time and experimentation to fine tune storage needs; I am an organization freak and love that sort of thing!

Ray and Susan Huff

On 8/7/2020 at 8:46 PM, Susan said:

I also have a 2021 Elite II twin build date.  Can you tell me where you ordered your sheets from?  Thanks!

Sorry, I just noticed your question. 

AB LIfestyles makes custom fitted bottom sheets for the Oliver Twin Bed mattresses pair of Oliver twin fitted bottom sheets.

You pay a bit more for the custom fit, but worth it to have someone else make them.  I made fitted sheets for our motor home twin beds that also have a rounded corner.  It's not a perfect fit, but works fine.  Made them from flat twin sheets, but it was quite a job measuring, cutting, sewing, fitting, adding elastic.  Worth it to pay for ready made.

They also make a custom fitted mattress pad.  You could make do with the 30 x 75 bunk pad and it would probably work; this is what I did for our MH.  With the custom fitted sheet over the mattress pad, fit isn't quite as crucial.  And there's a bit more of a price difference between the bunk and the Oliver Twin.

I purchased individual top sheets.  I will use these in the Oliver, but cut them down a bit so they aren't too bulky when tucked.  It was hard to find individual sheets, not sets, and I really like these Threshold flat sheets from Target.  I chose Aqua and Red Orange (not as bright as it looks - more of a dark coral).  

Ray and Susan Huff

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 7:56 PM, Susan Huff said:

Another delivery today . . . . . . . two more pieces of our Oliver

P1510433.JPG

Ray and Susan Huff