Gas Line Blockage

Our gas grill (Weber Q1200) all of a sudden would not light recently. I was troubleshooting the grill and almost convinced it was the grill valve. I decided to remove the quick disconnect fitting (where the regulator was removed) and the incoming line was completely clogged/blocked with a tan looking paste like material. After cleaning the blockage I am cooking on the grill again. I share this for the benefit of others who may experience gas flow problems.

i am not sure what might have caused this???

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Hull #319)

https://www.blogger.com/profile/02054187086533485920

d

Orchard (Mason) Bee, perhaps?

Inspect your gas appliances

spacer.pngRV Life, March 2019

Bees are attracted to the smell of propane, and your RV’s gas appliances can emit just enough of the odor to draw the bugs in. Regularly inspect all of the gas appliances in your RV, including the furnace, water heater, and fridge.

I thought the propane quick-connect had a green cap to cover the outlet.  Does yours not have one?

Mason bee in outlet.jpg

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

It does sound like insects. Typically impurities will build up very gradually around the inside of the gas oriface/ jet. You will see an uneven wavering yellow flame when the restriction gets bad enough..... This applies to residential gas appliances too, which is why the pilot jets should be cleaned every four or five years. You have bugs or maybe an unknown sprite is playing a practical joke on you.

Probably the former. Yep.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dirt+dauber&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS707US708&oq=dirt+dob&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.7171j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Well, feel good that your spider populations are under control!  They will pack the water discharge hole on my outward motor at least twice a summer.

David and Vicky | Burns, TN | 2020 LEII #686 | 2017 Ford F-250 4x4 6.2L