7 Cup PUR water Pitcher, fits neatly in pantry, affordable filters

John E Davies

We used to buy bottled water but that is a pure disaster (pun intended) in terms of storage and disposal. This pitcher is available for $30 in many places like Home Depot, replacement filters are easy to find, are about $9 each, and are good for 30 gallons. 

AEFEBED4-0949-4F2D-A025-62794FB44AB0.thumb.jpeg.50100ab573e69b37c0348470bf58b835.jpeg

PUR 7 Cup Pitcher at Amazon

Standard filters: Pur Replacement Filters

We use an apple juice bottle for a storage tank, it normally stays on the galley counter near the cooktop. We refill our personal water bottles from that and when it is empty, we refill the juice bottle with water from the pitcher, and then refill the pitcher from the galley faucet. Since we don’t use the bathroom sink at all, the pitcher goes on that counter top near the faucet - it takes about ten minutes to “strain” all the water by gravity into the lower compartment. It is out of the way there when not needed, except for showers.

For towing, the EMPTY pitcher goes into the top front of the pantry, with a full juice bottle behind it, and with dry goods wedged in so it will not shift. The lid is not sealed and you can’t transport the pitcher with water in it! It fits amazingly well, as if it were designed for this space.

87D980B6-3AC4-4CA6-9476-23190AB5572C.thumb.jpeg.f26cf6e30200104f35aa33f0a8ea7e34.jpeg

438E0395-A66B-4AAB-8782-921C714C6C2B.thumb.jpeg.3ab1d9ac19087920eb2e6b57ec91c103.jpeg

The reason we use the apple juice bottle is that we will always have at least that much drinking water when we stop for lunch or for the evening, and we don’t need to get the PUR pitcher out and filled until it has a safe place to sit overnight. This has been working great for two seasons now and I highly recommend this method over bottled water or drinking straight out the faucet.

If you have access to good water, you can just keep the pitcher stored away and refill the juice bottle as needed.

EDIT: Changed capacity and Amazon link, sorry I made a mistake on the initial posting.

EDIT: If your used but dried out filter won’t flow water, remove it and soak it in water for 15 minutes. This will rejuvenate it, and this is the method you use for a brand new replacement. If it still won’t flow, install a new one.

EDIT 08/02/23 If you want to conserve, fill the pitcher from the faucet while waiting for the water to get hot, instead of letting it go down the drain.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2
  • Like 5

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I got this pitcher for my mom  some time ago. She really likes it. The filters, even the lead reduction ones, are reasonable, and the pitcher is small enough for her to lift. Fits nicely in her fridge. 

I see it fits nicely in your pantry, too.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

David, mine is the 7 cup, thanks for seeing my mistake... I will correct the description and title. Model number PTT711W as per the bottom label. I dumped the contents just so I could check for you..... 😀 The Amazon page for the bigger one mentions model number PT111W toward the bottom. The 7 cup Amazon page has no MN listed. See pics.

Either the 7 or 11 cup model should both fit in the pantry, they share the same dimensions except the bigger one is about 1.5” thicker. 

Since you already have the big one, can you please check the fit in the top shelf and report back? Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

A42A229A-A9F1-4116-9056-D20388BB625D.jpeg

A8B2D9CF-7E01-4932-886D-DCBCE770F2F5.jpeg

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I think we'll do this.  We have been carrying filtered water from our home Berkey gravity filter in plastic bottles, carrying enough for 4-5 days in an outside cargo area of our camper van.  When on the road for longer, we would either refill the bottles when water is available, but then, it's not filtered.  Often we just buy more bottled water.  Yes, all those containers are a pain.  The pitcher filter seems like a better solution, although it would take 3-4 pitchers full to supply our usual water consumption, but doable.

Thanks for the tip for storage.  It's always good to know a specific item fits in available space.

I see you have Triscuits.  Have you tried the Garden Herb variety?   Mmmmmmm, good!

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

John, I see that David didn't completely reply to you. I emptied ours and flipped it over to find that the model is CR800/CR830. It doesn't fit on the pantry shelf. You could store it on the bottom shelf if you cleared out other stuff and tipped the pitched to get it in, then there is room for it to stand upright, but to me, that would be a pain in the neck every time we moved, emptying out part of the pantry, then putting stuff back in. So far we've been leaving it on the kitchen counter when camped, emptying it and storing it in a dish tub in the sink when moving. The only problem has come when I forgot to grab it out of our fridge at home one trip! Paula

David Caswell and Paula Saltmarsh

Hull 509 "The Swallow"

17 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

Why does the blue 7 cup cost than the red 11 cup by 35%?

Different vendors. The other one is Amazon Prime with free shipping. You can create a price watch here, and buy when the price gets in your comfort range, or just use Google to check Wally World, Home Depot and other big box stores.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B06XGN8LXK

I use that site all the time and it has saved me many hundreds of dollars. It has also caused me to buy stuff I definitely should not have bought, just because the price dropped..... buyer beware! 😀

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Shop around.

Screenshot_20200814-204536_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.