Exciting News ! ! ! !

No pictures, yet . . . . but exciting news.  I received a call from Rodney Lomax yesterday.  My heart just about stopped when he announced who he was - the sales manager calling use????  I was sure the plant had burnt down and we weren't going to get our Oliver!

But, not to worry.  He called to say they had a build slot open up and wanted to know if we would like to take delivery the first part of December.  Of course, I said yes.  After requesting a Feb 3 delivery, because we were hesitant to travel cross country in the dead of Winter, I was getting nervous about making the trip in February.  The beginning of December we'll be less likely to run into Wintery weather; we might even be able to take the most direct route, on I-40.

Now I have to decide on our options and complete the order . . . . . 60 days cut off our wait time . . . . . yahoo!

• Like 3

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

That IS exciting news.  And now you are even two weeks closer.  While Mother Nature is sure to do things her own way, you are right that your chances of bad weather are less in early December.  Hopefully it works out that way for you guys,

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 2 months later...

Packing up . . . . leaving in 32 hours!

Edit:

End of day 1; Burns, Oregon - Historic Central Hotel.   Made it over Cascade Pass with no problems.  Staying ahead of an incoming storm that is predicted to bring snow to the mountains, but veer north before it catches us!

Edited by Ray and Susan Huff
  • Like 5

Ray and Susan Huff

• Moderators

So, now we switch from the "excited" phase to the "worried about what I forgot" stage?

Don't rush, enjoy the drive over to Hohenwald and be safe!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

9 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

Packing up . . . . leaving in 32 hours!

Fantastic for you guys.  What days are you going to be in the campground?  We are doping our tutorial on the 3rd and will be there December 3-4.  Decided to take 2 days at the campground to run through everything thoroughly.  Let us know if we'll overlap.  Could have a socially distanced adult beverage - or two.

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package

Great  news! Somebody backed out of their contract, so you are getting a nearly completed hull specced to your options. There is no other way they could advance the date by eight weeks, since that is the current build time for an LE2. Great for you, not so much for the other guy. He was probably charged a 15% cancellation fee... somewhere around $10,000. Ask your sales rep to apply that “credit” to your purchase as mental anguish compensation for your having to alter your travel plans, or at least ask for a dozen doughnuts, the premium kind. 😬

I think your trip will be much safer and more enjoyable. You will see lots of Christmas lights. We will need lots of pictures!

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Haha 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

1 hour ago, GAP said:

Fantastic for you guys.  What days are you going to be in the campground?  We are doping our tutorial on the 3rd and will be there December 3-4.  Decided to take 2 days at the campground to run through everything thoroughly.  Let us know if we'll overlap.  Could have a socially distanced adult beverage - or two.

December 3-4, we'll be in Missouri headed to Tennessee.  Will be at Oliver Monday, December 7;  Camping at David Crockett Monday/Tuesday nights.

Favorable weather is allowing us to take I-80 eastward.  We hope to return via I-40.  No set return schedule, but we would like to be home before Christmas.

Will look for you on the road.  

Ray and Susan Huff

1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

Great  news! Somebody backed out of their contract, so you are getting a nearly completed hull specced to your options. There is no other way they could advance the date by eight weeks, since that is the current build time for an LE2. Great for you, not so much for the other guy. He was probably charged a 15% cancellation fee... somewhere around $10,000. Ask your sales rep to apply that “credit” to your purchase as mental anguish compensation for your having to alter your travel plans, or at least ask for a dozen doughnuts, the premium kind. 😬

I think your trip will be much safer and more enjoyable. You will see lots of Christmas lights. We will need lots of pictures!

John Davies

Spokane WA

My husband mentioned the lights . . . . . I'm anticipating an adventure of a lifetime. 

Leave tomorrow . . . . . taking I-80 route as Mother Nature has provided a window of good weather.  Staying mostly at hotels along the way, but have a couple of airbnb locations on the radar as we near Hohenwald.  Hoping for decent weather as we head home via I-40; campgrounds, KOA, Harvest Hosts for overnights.  Hope to do a bit of exploration, weather permitting;  maybe a return visit to Valley of Fire near Las Vegas if we need to wait out snow before crossing the Sierras (Reno to Susanville via Hwy 395 is the plan).

Will definitely be sharing pictures, here and on the FB group.

Ray and Susan Huff

21 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

December 3-4, we'll be in Missouri headed to Tennessee.  Will be at Oliver Monday, December 7;  Camping at David Crockett Monday/Tuesday nights.

Favorable weather is allowing us to take I-80 eastward.  We hope to return via I-40.  No set return schedule, but we would like to be home before Christmas.

Will look for you on the road.  

Ours will be ships passing in the night.  We'll be on the road already by the time you get to Oliver.  Will have to meet you some time down the line.  Hope everything goes really well for you guys and that you have a great trip.

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package