King-dome and DISH

whaley

Never thought I would be worrying about satellite TV while camping, but since it's there ... Plus, I am quite an insomniac, and my wife thinks the TV helps.

Anyway, at home we have DISH. I checked with them and they will provide a free receiver, and then the additional cost is $5 per month for the second receiver. This seems fair enough to me and beats moving the home receiver back and forth.

I've been reading the King-dome manual online. It seems the system comes pre-programmed for DIRECT, but not DISH. To me it seems the setup to use DISH is one-time, but pretty complicated, maybe even requiring a dealer to do it. I think there's a keypad required that doesn't come with the system.

Has anyone been through this procedure yet? Maybe Oliver has the keypad needed???

Thanks,

Tom

• Moderators

Tom, we just love our king dome, we use it to check live weather radar often because we love to remote camp and weather is always a factor in remote areas.

Our extra reciever is direct tv, so we just brought the extra reciever with us and the Oliver Techs did the rest.

They asked whether we were with dish or direct, and when we replied direct, the tech said, "cool !, no reprogram", so maybe it is an in house operation.

I'll bet that someone on here will have the answer to that one for us.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

We also have Dish Network but live quite a distance from the factory. I called King-dome and they informed me that they will send a loaner keypad and manual directly to you. They do require a security deposit of course and you would have to pay for shipping but this seemed like a convenient alternative for some people. We were lucky to be able to borrow a keypad locally and reprogram ours and it was a snap.

• 6 years later...
  • Moderators

While in Quartsite Ariona showing the Legacy II earlier this year, in Jan & Feb, we switched to Dish. Then later this year we took the Oliver Pony Express on tour with a Legacy in tow. We brought our extra receiver with us and the factory techs quickly put the pony's King Dome over on to Dish. Same dome, different provider. Works just fine, until we are parked under the trees ! He, he, then usually we can hook up to the park's cable TV.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)