Window Shade

DJM

Our windows , like all olivers I presume, has an external shade. When we do on trips a couple of them become detached. I would like to think there is some way to adjust these so they are more safely attached to the window. But I can't figure out or find where there is any such adjustment. 

Any suggestion will be appreciated. 

Oliver Elite II hull # 151 

• Moderators

A search brought up this thread. Maybe it will help?

Sherry 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I assume you are talking about the window shade frame is coming loose while traveling.  Mine have done that as well and it’s usually after I have taken them off for cleaning.  I have moved a few clips to a different location because the clip has worn the area where the frame is pushed onto the clip and they no longer grip as well as they should.

Sherry sent a previous post about the window shades that Spike started and he mentions talking to the shade manufacturer, who stated the the clips can be deformed by tightening the mounting screw too much.  I think that is a good place to start.  If that doesn’t help you can try manually spreading them like Spike did.

Mossey

Edited by mossemi
  • Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

We had the same problem on our first trip. Bending out the clips is a possible solution but I’d also check your tire pressures. One of the sure signs of running Oliver’s factory pressures is shades falling off the walls. Ours haven’t given us any trouble since we lowered them down to something reasonable. 

• Like 3

this is from four years ago, I would have hoped that they would have figured out how to install these correctly by now....

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/2202-how-to-fix-and-flip-your-blinds/

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.