Rug Size for Twin Bed

I've searched the forum for rugs, specifically sizes for the floor of the Elite II Twin.  I see, in the measurements Oliver has posted, the twin bed rails are 18" apart, but what is the floor measurement between the base of the beds, as well as the galley and the dinette seats.  I'm hoping we can use the 4 throw rugs from our camper van; they are 19.5" x 35".  Also, the measurement of the floor space inside the door, between the closet and the end of the galley cabinet.

Thanks a bunch!

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

19.5” wide will work.  We’ve used up to 22” wide.  Not sure about inside the door.  I think anything 24” or smaller should work, I took our trailer back to storage this week.

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

3 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

19.5” wide will work.  We’ve used up to 22” wide.  Not sure about inside the door.  I think anything 24” or smaller should work, I took our trailer back to storage this week.

Thank you . . . . . they should be perfect!

Ray and Susan Huff

10 minutes ago, mossemi said:

These measurements refer only to the area covered by the flooring of your choice.

Mossey

0465FAFA-E3CB-4F19-94E8-DDCFEB08A572.thumb.png.a54e60732c52738c323cd1aedbb08b33.png

Thanks for the diagram . . . . . Looks like I can use two between the beds, one between the galley and dinette, and one in the entry area.

Ray and Susan Huff

• 10 months later...

New thoughts on rugs after 6 months in our Elite II Twin:

I tried the aforementioned 4 throw rugs from our previous RV, which was a class B+ van.  Because of the layout of the floor, 4 separate small rugs (19.5x 35") were necessary.  Theoretically, these should work in our Elite II.  However, with the single run of floor from front to back, they are not ideal.  I found I was always tripping on them. 

I liked the pattern/color, and luckily found the same in a 24" x 8ft runner, which covers from the outside of the shower to the end of the galley.  We still used the two of the matching smaller rugs between the beds.  However, the 2ft width does not cover the edge of the flooring where it laps over the fiberglass hull.  Consequently we were dealing with trying to keep the little "gutter" along the flooring edges where dirt collects and is difficult to sweep out, a problem posted by others elsewhere. 

My solution has been to swap the 24" x 8ft runner for a 26" x 10ft runner we have in our hallway.  The length reaches into the bed area, but that's ok since I knit a nice wool rug from Pendleton selvedges that perfectly fits between the beds.  I laid it over the two feet of runner than extends into the bedroom, which also helps prevent the wool rug from sliding.  We haven't camped with this setup yet, but I really like the way the "new" runner looks.  It coordinates well with the Bohemian stripe pillows and matches the color of the flooring, hard to remove dirt is hidden by the rug, and the Ollie's "old" rug looks great in our hallway 😀

P1080211.thumb.JPG.10cf9bd3c051452ce4fbbd7a0eec01e4.JPG 😀

P1080212.JPG

P1080214.JPG

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Looks great.  The gutter is definitely a dirt magnet.  I can't make out the knit rug in the back, but it sounds interesting.  

I'm curious how people deal with campsite dirt when you've got a big runner like that.  We're constantly sweeping our trailer out - enough that I've thought about getting some sort of mat similar to our teak shower mat, so that dirt can just filter down and I can pretend that it's not there.  We leave dirty hiking shoes outside, but just going in an out with camp shoes seems to bring way too much of the campsite in with us.  

So is it just us bringing all this dirt in the trailer, or do you guys vacuum, take the rug out and shake it off or what?  

• Moderators

We used a washable, but heavy, runner the first few years. I still have it, and use it occasionally in the winter as a second layer.

My most favorite,  but kind of ugly rugs, are the ones I'm using now. They're carpet with a heavy foam back that I bought at a discount store. Low nap. Sweep or vacuum easily, inside the trailer, or out.

Did I mention that they're rather ugly? I'll take that for the ease of use, especially in the fall, when everything gets tracked in-- mud , leaves, detritus. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

We’ve got a runner we bought at Walmart and one that we bought at Target. Both are 22” wide.  I’d like to find a 24” wide runner that overlaps the fiberglass on either side.  Either way, these were cheap and can be replaced with no guilt.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS