Ollies at Mount Pisgah NC on the BRP

rideandfly

Last year we met Wayne and Gayle while camping at Mount Pisgah NC on the Blue Ridge Parkway. They were very interested in Ollie and we gave them a complete Ollie tour. 

Late last year they purchased a new LE2. While camping at Mount Pisgah this week, we saw another Ollie. It was Wayne and Gayle with their new Ollie.  Congrats Wayne and Gayle on your beautiful Ollie! 

First time we saw an Ollie was also at Mount Pisgah during 2010 and the kind owners from Florida gave us a complete Ollie tour, too. 

It's $10 per night at Mount Pisgah with the geezer card. No electricity or water at the sites, but very nice campground at 5,000' with cool summer temps!

Took this shot in the early morning clouds:

i-TdffGmp-L.jpg

B27 walkup site:

i-KHkB3hz-L.jpg

i-X6J54Dm-L.jpg

Edited by rideandfly
  • Like 3

Bill #75 LE2

• Moderators

One of our favorites, too. The view from the campsite isn't much, but, omg,  the views from the restaurant at Pisgah Inn across the road. In the morning. 

Breakfast view through the floor to ceiling windows is amazing. Layered mountain views seem to go on forever. Even if breakfast weren't outstanding  (which it is), it would be worth the price just for the views.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

3 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

One of our favorites, too. The view from the campsite isn't much, but, omg,  the views from the restaurant at Pisgah Inn across the road. In the morning. 

Breakfast view through the floor to ceiling windows is amazing. Layered mountain views seem to go on forever. Even if breakfast weren't outstanding  (which it is), it would be worth the price just for the views.

Agree, we like hiking to local waterfalls, drives on the BRP, and cool temps in the summer. When it's 90's and humid at home, we go to Mt. Pisgah to find cooler temps and beautiful views on the BRP!

Edited by rideandfly
  • Like 2

Bill #75 LE2

• Moderators

OK, you guys, you are making me homesick.  I'm presently overnighting at the St. Joe, MO Cracker Barrel on my way towards home - 16 miles from the Pisgah Inn.  After two months of Wyoming mountainsand night temps of as low as 33 degrees, the current temp of 89 degrees at 8pm is a bit of a shock to the system!

Bill

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

18 hours ago, rideandfly said:

Bill,

We love camping out west and love the Blue Ridge Mountains, too!

i-R5vJ8qC-S.jpg

Bill,

Great pics, Kathy and I may give Mt Pisgah a try soon. We need to roll on home in a few days, clean up, restock take care of a few things and get back out on the road. So glad y’all had a nice trip and visit.

David & Kathy

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

David,

We have some grading & concrete work to be done at home. When that's done, will be heading back to BRP, probably Linville Falls. Glad y'all had a fine time at Chantilly. 

Tested all of Ollie's systems on this trip since we have not camped much this year and everything worked great. Ollie is so pleasant to camp in, can't wait to go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

• Like 2

Bill #75 LE2