Hull 505 - EII - Galway Girl Blog

Galway Girl

I thought it may be useful to some viewing the Campground Forum to check out our web page for Hull 505 - Galway Girl.

(Our domain name is 4-Ever-Hitched.com)

Hull 505 - Galway Girl - 4-Ever-Hitched Website

1475013660_weboverviewsmall.thumb.jpg.f5215d67a254c84916ad69f4877dfccf.jpg

In our website we feature links to pages that include: 

1) Trip to Factory - Describes the trip from WA to Hohenwald
2) Picking up our Trailer - Shows Delivery Day and Camping on the way home, includes maps and names of Campgrounds
3) Around the Northwest -  Campground maps, pictures of sites, and links to various parks sites we've visited in the Pacific NW.
    (Updated Each Trip)
4) Blogs - in this we show repairs, updates we've done to our Elite II. (Updated as they happen.)

Finally, there are links to the Amazon Oliver Trailer Outfitters List to post of handy items we and other's have purchased for use with their Olivers.

Craig & Rose Short
Owners: Hull 505 - Galway Girl
Everett, WA

Edited by ctshort09
Updated Link
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 3

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Craig,  We are planning a trip to Washington and Oregon in 2024. Cape Disappointment SP, Deception Pass SP, Fort Stevens SP (OR), as well as Washington's 3 National Parks, and Crater Lake NP. What is the best time to visit the PNW, say between July and September, the least crowded?  Any help would be greatly appreciated 

I went to Oliver Facebook to look for your blog and it was gone, and you were gone also🙃.  Guess I will need to spend more time on the Forum.

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

• Moderators
1 hour ago, John Dorrer said:

Guess I will need to spend more time on the Forum.

Always a good thing!

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

2 hours ago, John Dorrer said:

Craig,  We are planning a trip to Washington and Oregon in 2024. Cape Disappointment SP, Deception Pass SP, Fort Stevens SP (OR), as well as Washington's 3 National Parks, and Crater Lake NP. What is the best time to visit the PNW, say between July and September, the least crowded?  Any help would be greatly appreciated 

I am not Craig, but I did live in the Seattle area for 35 years.  Any time between July and September will be fairly crowded, because July and August are the sunny, dry months on the west side of the Cascades.  On average, the fall/winter/spring rainy season begins around mid-September, and lasts until the 5th of July.  And, schools usually start in early September, right after Labor Day.

To minimize crowding but maximize the chance of good weather, I would go the first couple of weeks of September, right after school starts but (hopefully) before the 9-month drizzly/cloudy season begins.  If your sojourn will last longer than 2 weeks, you will encounter more competition for campsites in August (before school starts), and a lower likelihood of good weather after mid-September.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

2 hours ago, Rivernerd said:

I am not Craig, but I did live in the Seattle area for 35 years.  Any time between July and September will be fairly crowded, because July and August are the sunny, dry months on the west side of the Cascades.  On average, the fall/winter/spring rainy season begins around mid-September, and lasts until the 5th of July.  And, schools usually start in early September, right after Labor Day.

To minimize crowding but maximize the chance of good weather, I would go the first couple of weeks of September, right after school starts but (hopefully) before the 9-month drizzly/cloudy season begins.  If your sojourn will last longer than 2 weeks, you will encounter more competition for campsites in August (before school starts), and a lower likelihood of good weather after mid-September.

Hope this helps.

Thank You. That is very helpful. 

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

As the previous person said…sept to mid October is perfect time.

Our blog exists outside of facebook here on our own domain:

4-ever-hitched.com

Craig

• Like 3

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

I concur with the first two weeks in September as being a good time to visit the Washington and Oregon coasts. I grew up in Grays Harbor County and the first two weeks of school were  miserable because we didn’t have air conditioning in the classrooms and, in those days, we couldn’t wear shorts to class. While the campgrounds will be absent of kids, you will see a lot of gray hairs our age as it really is the perfect time to camp!😉

• Like 1

2014 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 Power Stroke with heavy duty tow package; 3.55 ratio; AirLift rear suspension

2023 Elite ll Twin Bed and Lithium Pro and Truma Package; Hull #1368; Delivery Date: April 12,2023

Homebased in Richland, WA

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, Galway Girl said:

I thought it may be useful to some viewing the Campground Forum to check out our web page for Hull 505 - Galway Girl.

(Our domain name is 4-Ever-Hitched.com)

Hull 505 - Galway Girl - 4-Ever-Hitched Website

1475013660_weboverviewsmall.thumb.jpg.f5215d67a254c84916ad69f4877dfccf.jpg

In our website we feature links to pages that include: 

1) Trip to Factory - Describes the trip from WA to Hohenwald
2) Picking up our Trailer - Shows Delivery Day and Camping on the way home, includes maps and names of Campgrounds
3) Around the Northwest -  Campground maps, pictures of sites, and links to various parks sites we've visited in the Pacific NW.
    (Updated Each Trip)
4) Blogs - in this we show repairs, updates we've done to our Elite II. (Updated as they happen.)

Finally, there are links to the Amazon Oliver Trailer Outfitters List to post of handy items we and other's have purchased for use with their Olivers.

Craig & Rose Short
Owners: Hull 505 - Galway Girl
Everett, WA

On 5/27/2023 at 2:57 PM, Galway Girl said:

As the previous person said…sept to mid October is perfect time.

Our blog exists outside of facebook here on our own domain:

4-ever-hitched.com

Craig

Thanks. I will make use of it and will let you know when we will out there.👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, Galway Girl said:

Hats off to your blog for the great information and maps.  Also for your list of things to buy for the Oliver on Amazon, also helpful. 

• Thanks 1

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.